- Seattle, WA
The position is responsible for supporting the Managing Director (MD) of Broking Support Services (BSS) in the smooth running of Client Delivery workflows and the development of key initiatives to enhance BSS and how it supports Guy Carpenter's reinsurance placement activities. The position requires working closely with leaders and influencers across the region, and occasionally globally, to oversee day-to-day matters, troubleshoot issues, proactively identify new workflow opportunities, and drive initiatives through to completion, in collaboration with the Head of BSS.
The role requires deep knowledge of consultative sales operations and the ability to participate in the design and running of relevant initiatives. The role incorporates a broad set of skills, including multiple-project management, communication skills, monitoring routine client deliverables and lots of creativity to think and deliver out of the box.
- Partner with the MD of BSS on the day-to-day management of operations providing leverage to enable the MD of BSS to focus more time with Client Experience development and overall GC and MMC strategic priorities
- Manage key BSS initiatives and projects for BSS and keep the management group focused on key activities and milestones necessary to meet objectives
- Work with BSS managers to develop and enforce key processes, policies and procedures
- Own regularly scheduled creation and distribution of performance reports and metrics, system generated and otherwise
- Reorient the colleague communication plan for BSS leadership. Within that:
- --Define and develop Leadership communication strategy
- --Identify and plan specific programs and initiatives for relevant topics/goals
- --Manage recruitment plan
- --Attend recurring BSS leadership meetings, capturing decisions and action items.
- --Drive execution of agreed actions
- Builds and creates PowerPoint presentations according to business needs and in adherence to established standards to ensure brand consistency of final product
- Creates and provides peer review of documents to ensure all documents produced adhere to established standards and to ensure quality control of final product
- Designs reports, including charts and graphs, and provides related initial analysis utilizing Excel on a daily basis on a monthly basis and additionally as needed
- Handles higher level internal and external inquiries to support high level of customer satisfaction and communication
- Compiles administrative information by researching sources; collecting and interpreting data; entering data; formatting and designing new formats for department use; maintaining database information
- Four year college degree or higher
- 10+ years of experience in professional services; direct client delivery and supporting roles with senior leadership is a plus
- Coordination of cross-functional teams and/or people's network
- Reinsurance experience is preferred but not required
- Experience dealing with confidential and business critical issues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; must be a self-starter, resourceful, and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; storyline for slides, notes or video scripts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong project management skills
- Experience in process building, best practices and/or efficiency projects
Additional Skills and Attributes:
- Strategic acumen
- Planning, organization and multi-tasking
- Focus on output, and ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Comfort in dealing with "gray" areas; interested in bringing clarity out of the darkness
- Change management exposure
- Willingness to respond to ad-hoc requests and projects
- English fluency required
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top