Operations Analyst - Philadelphia
- Responsible for updating and maintaining policy and commission tracking database
- Identifies and researches variance issues, and coordinates resolution with internal and external sources
- Analyzes data and checks for issues and discrepancies and provides resolution of any errors
- Produces regular assigned and ad hoc reporting using a variety of technical tools and resources.
- Maintains Operations' systems and tools and provides system support
- Participates in ad hoc Operations projects
- Helps evaluate systems, tools and resources and provides recommendations for updates and changes
- May provide guidance and training to junior staff
To be considered for this career opportunity, we require the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- Moderate to advanced MS Excel proficiency
- Adept at applying technology and interfacing with the company's information technology systems
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to function independently in a fast paced environment
- Desire to learn and ability to apply new concepts
- Responsive to tight timelines
- Prefer in-depth knowledge of Mercer and, in particular, the Health & Benefits business
- Good team player
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top