Oliver Wyman - Senior Business Analyst - New York
- New York, NY
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman Group: www.oliverwymangroup.com
Oliver Wyman Financial Services is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join its Practice Services team. The role will be responsible for managing and reporting on all aspects of FS related project revenue as well as any direct costs incurred by the FS business, with the aim of ensuring a solid handle on the financial health of the business at any given time.
The Senior Business Analyst will be expected to build trusted relationships across the FS Partner group, including senior management, to allow them to better understand the ins and outs of the FS business. Additionally, they will be expected to work and collaborate closely with the broader FS FP&A team, the OW controllership team as well as other FS and OW Support Professionals to ensure robust data management and efficient processes are in place.
- Ongoing understanding and management of the FS pipeline, FS revenue & backlog and FS related costs. Working with controllership to ensure revenue and expenses booked are accurate and in line with expectations based on understanding of the business
- Management of the monthly close process from an FS business perspective, reviewing actual results versus plan, preparing variance analyses, analyzing current and past trends in various metrics including revenue and operating expenses.
- Track, steer and report project pricing, project profitability and project investments
- Lead the weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasting of the FS results, as well as provide detailed input to the ongoing capacity management modeling
- Prepare financial models and perform both regular and ad hoc business and financial analysis to support strategic decision making. Analyses will regularly involve heavy data modelling and manipulation of data from numerous internal sources
- Manage and streamline the year end revenue and cost budgeting process
- Manage and streamline the monthly cost reporting process
- Work with the FS and OW support teams to standardize and operationalize various internal operating processes across the full project lifecycle, to improve team and Practice Group efficiency
- BA or BS degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Math preferred
- Minimum of 6-7 years' experience in a financial, consulting or other highly analytical role
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Must be comfortable working with and manipulating large amounts of data in excel using advanced formulas and macros
- Expert proficiency with PowerPoint. Must be comfortable summarizing and presenting analyses in a coherent way for stakeholders to discuss
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Business System suite of applications, including Hyperion Planning and SmartView a plus
- Experience with Tableau a plus
Skills and Attributes:
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong initiative/seek and accept new challenges, and have a high level of intellectual curiosity as it relates to new projects, and finding solutions to problems
- Adaptable to a fast paced and quickly changing environment
- Thrives in a strong team environment, including willingness to assist other team members and share knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to interact with, work with and advise multiple constituencies at all levels of the organization
- Ensure compliance with internal security policies and adherence to established company goals, policies, and standards
Back to top