Oliver Wyman - MBA Summer Associate -Transportation & Services
- New York, NY
Oliver Wyman - MBA Summer Associate - Transportation & Services
Transportation & Services
Transportation & Services
Oliver Wyman's Transportation & Services Practice advises railroads, motor carriers, maritime, supply chain and logistics integrators, postal companies, express and freight transport business, as well as governments and regulators to help shape the face of the industry. With deep industry expertise, our consulting team helps clients stay ahead of the competition by working with them on their most challenging problems around strategic growth, digital transformation, operational improvement, and organizational effectiveness.
Summer Associates join our practice for 10 weeks in the summer to work in teams and directly with our clients.Our internship offers excellent growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality case execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders.
- Reporting to Engagement Managers and Principals, effectively seeking guidance on technical and senior-level steer to projects
Desired Skills and Experience
Associates serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Currently enrolled in top MBA program
- 3-5 years of experience in strategy consulting and/or transportation related industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
- Please include a resume including your undergraduate GPA and GMAT
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. (Please note that CPT and OPT are forms of restricted work authorization.)
Back to top