Oliver Wyman - Associate - Insurance - New York
- New York, NY
Oliver Wyman is a leading global management consulting firm. We combine deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. We work alongside our clients to develop practical solutions that deliver real impact. With more than 50 offices in 26 countries, we have the reach to meet our clients' needs anywhere in the world. The firm's 4,000+ professionals collaborate with clients in industry sectors and regions of the world where our distinctive approach allows us to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges and transform their businesses. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Practice Group: Financial Services
Location: New York, NY
Oliver Wyman is shaping the future of the financial services industry by helping the world's leading financial institutions address their most significant challenges. We have an unparalleled understanding of the evolving market structures, economics, and strategic and regulatory trends in all segments of the financial services sector. Our distinct approach is characterized by deep specialization and rigorous fact-based analysis. Oliver Wyman's industry expertise, strategic thinking, analytical insight, and innovation create tangible value for leading P&C, life, and health insurers and reinsurers. Our Insurance Practice operates across three core areas: strategy, operations, and finance. For every engagement, our firm draws on a dynamic reservoir of intellectual capital, mining best practices globally to develop solutions that benefit our clients locally.
The Associate position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality case execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders.
- Reporting to Engagement Managers and Principals, effectively seeking guidance on technical and senior-level steer to projects
- Coaching consultants and helping them develop their skill sets
Desired Skills and Experience
Associates serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-6 years of experience in strategy consulting and/or industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
To be considered, please submit an application at www.oliverwyman.gtios.com. Oliver Wyman is hiring across many practices and levels, please see the website for a full listing.
Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC). For more information, please visit www.oliverwyman.com and follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Back to top