Oliver Wyman - Associate - Communications, Media & Technology - Boston or New York
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 25 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 3,000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Our professionals see what others don't, challenge conventional thinking, and consistently deliver innovative, customized solutions. As a result, we have a tangible impact on clients' top and bottom lines. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Practice Group: Consumer, Industrials and Services
Location: New York or Boston
Role: CIS-CMT Associate
Practice Overview: Consumer, Industrials and Services (CIS)
Oliver Wyman's Consumer, Industrials and Services (CIS) practice group serves the majority of the world's industries across a number of key geographies. Industry sectors include: Automotive & Manufacturing, Communications, Media & Technology, Energy, Retail & Consumer Products and Transportation & Services. We are searching for candidates with experience in the Communications, Media & Technology (CMT) sector.
Communications, Media & Technology:
Oliver Wyman helps industry leaders in the communications, media, and technology industries develop value growth strategies, improve operations, and maximize organizational effectiveness. Our clients are some of the world's most successful companies: wireless and wireline equipment and communications service providers: enterprise IT, consumer electronics, and semiconductor companies; and broadcasters, publishers, platform operators, online and entertainment companies.
Communications: Oliver Wyman helps players in the converged communications industry (fixed-line operators, Internet-service providers, cable TV operators, mobile operators, wholesale operators, and private equity groups) to develop value growth strategies, improve their offers and go-to-market performance, and maximize organizational effectiveness.
Technology: Oliver Wyman's technology practice collaborates with clients to create sustainable shareholder value through anticipating Value Migration shifts, developing innovative business models and product/solution offerings, and improving operational excellence. We serve the enterprise computing, software, communications & business equipment, consumer electronics, semiconductor, and IT services industries.
Media & Entertainment: Oliver Wyman's global Media & Entertainment practice assists industry leaders in creating significant and lasting value by developing and implementing innovative corporate, product, and marketing strategies and effecting significant operational improvements.
With deep industry expertise, our consulting team helps clients stay ahead of the competition by working with them on their most challenging problems around strategic growth, digital transformation, operational improvement, and organizational effectiveness.
The Associate position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high-quality case execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders.
- Reporting to Engagement Managers and Principals, effectively seeking guidance on technical and senior-level steer to projects
- Coaching consultants and helping them develop their skill sets
Desired Skills and Experience
Associates serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-6 years of experience in strategy consulting and/or Communications, Media & Technology industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel (at least 50-75% of the time)
Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC). For more information, please visit www.oliverwyman.com and follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top