Office Business Leader - Health
- Seattle, WA
The Office Business Leader - Health, manages the Health& Benefits (H&B)Consulting business based in the Seattle market, reporting to the Market Business Leader. This position is considered a thought leader in area of expertise, who drives strategic initiatives, including new business development and sales to deliver the revenue growth in the local market. This leader is often the relationship manager and the client lead.
Key Accountabilities and Role Description:
- Leads and has overall Revenue Growth accountability for a unit within the H&B consulting business, including budgeting, staffing and local market strategy.
- Strong influence and responsibility in regard to the overall NOI performance within the local market leveraging the internal stakeholder relationships.
- Actively manages all aspects of unit finances, contributing to the financial success of the business and market overall.
- Manages client revenue levels by ensuring profitable client relationships are formed and maintained.
- Defines and implements the long-term business strategy at the local market level in alignment with SoCal, West Market and Regional strategy.
- Provides direction and focus, holds staff accountable, and drives engagement through frequent communication and dialogue.
- Leads key client engagements and large, complex projects, directing the work of the project team, developing strategic solutions that address client needs and issues.
- Manages overall service delivery, clarifies and resolves unique and difficult issues This position manages multiple departments that includes multiple teams led by Managers and/or Supervisors in Health & Benefits Consulting.
- This position is considered a thought leader in area of expertise, who drives strategic initiatives, including new business development and sales and often the relationship manager and the client lead.
- Generates revenue through acquisition of new clients, cross-selling to current clients and extending current client engagements.
- Establishes and maintains market contacts, interacts with financial and HR executives, C-suite members, and other members of the business community.
- Supports and drives sales efforts and revenue generation within the region.
- Leverages company's size and reputation to negotiate highly competitive rates and coverage options from carriers and vendors.
- Hires, manages, develops and evaluates a team of professionals, providing effective performance feedback and career development opportunities.
- Contributes to initiatives within the business, develops and shares new intellectual capital, and contributes to market presence by writing articles, case studies and marketing material, in addition to speaking at industry seminars and conferences related to client deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Min 20+ years experience in a consulting environment with proven ability to generate revenue by acquiring new clients and experience managing and developing a team of professionals
- Strong sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market communication strengths successfully
- Excellent organizational, project management and leadership skill
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top