Office Business Leader
The Office Business Leader (OBL) will lead, manage, and oversee a line of business in the local office. Senior Principals at this level typically manage mid-sized offices. The Office Business Leader will implement strategy to sell and deliver Mercer consulting services to the local marketplace. They will also be responsible for generating revenue through the acquisition of new clients, retaining and expanding current client relationships and managing large scale client projects by developing and implementing effective, accurate, and timely employee human resources strategies, work plans and materials. To fulfill this role, the Office Business Leader will:
- Implement national business strategy and market business plans; manage local office business financials and contribute to market financials by monitoring revenue growth profitability, capacity utilization, conversion and recovery for the local line of business; work with the Market Business Leader (MBL) to implement staffing strategy and lead local recruiting efforts
- Generate revenue through acquisition of new clients, cross selling to current clients and extension of current client engagements to new activities including conducting face to face meetings with potential clients (prospects)
- Understand all available products within the business and proactively reach out to provide targeted information on how Mercer offerings will benefit specific client's needs
- Draft and edit materials for meeting preparation and RFP responses
- Manage large-scale project teams to deliver quality results to clients including: developing and monitoring budgets and deadlines; overseeing staff; delegating and peer reviewing all client work; interacting with clients on a regular basis by leading client meetings, answering questions, overseeing edits or changes, and providing requested materials; clarifying and resolving unique and difficult issues related to client deliverables and applying advanced professional and or technical expertise to client projects
- Work with local Office Leader (OL) and MBL on strategy and direction of business.
- Participate as an active member of the local office leadership group delivering advice and consultation on line of business related issues and strategy; update local office Market Business Leader on issues and status and escalate issues as needed
- Supervise four or more employees as direct reports; may have full authority for people management including: assigning, directing, and evaluating work; hiring, disciplining and firing employees; conducting performance evaluations and career development discussions; approving salary and bonus actions; ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top