North Carolina, Raleigh, MMA Internship - Actuarial
- Raleigh, NC
North Carolina, Raleigh, MMA Internship
At Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA), we approach insurance in a different way...and that means a more interesting, exciting, relevant career for you. When you work with MMA, you'll find real opportunities to make people and businesses safer, more secure, and more successful. That's why working with MMA is a career that matters.
MMA's intern program begins at the end of May and runs into the end of July. As an MMA intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated mentor. You will also build relationships not only in your local office, but with other interns across the region and country. Our program is unique in its offering exposure to all of MMA's divisions and services including Employee Health & Benefits, Captive Programs, Risk Services, Consultative Claims, Surety, and Business Insurance.
Interns at MMA Mid-Atlantic will work through a structured program and have the opportunity to work under the direction of a mentor to gain a comprehensive overview of the employee benefits, risk management, insurance and environmental management industries in such areas as:
- Actuarial analysis associated with the consultative management of employee benefit programs.
- MMA Mid-Atlantic's divisions and services including employee benefits, captive programs, self-insured funds, risk services, consultative claims, surety, and property and casualty insurance.
- Essentials of the sales and delivery process from researching and prospecting new business to proposal development and submission to the carrier markets.
- Account management responsibilities within an insurance brokerage.
- Qualities of a consultative brokerage including establishing rapport, uncovering customer needs, creating customized solutions, overcoming objectives, obtaining referrals and managing leads.
- MMA Mid-Atlantic operations processes.
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate resourcefulness
- Undergraduate completing their sophomore or junior year prior to the internship.
- Field of study is preferred to be actuarial science, risk management, insurance, finance or business administration
- Completion of actuarial exam(s) preferred
- Interns should have their own housing near the office location where they will be working.
- Some travel may be required.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
Back to top