North America HR Leader
The North America HR Leader is the strategic partner, single point of contact and principal advisor on all human capital matters to the leadership of the North America Broking Team, the revenue generating division of GC North America. This position has several direct reports including business partners and generalists who oversee all HR related matters for 600+ colleagues while partnering with the Rewards and Talent COE.
As a member of the leadership team of the business, contribute to the creation and development of its strategic plan:
- Develop, articulate and lead delivery of human capital strategies for the business, derived from and directly supporting the strategic plan.
- Lead human capital change initiatives either stand-alone or as part of a broader program ensuring optimized outcomes for both enterprise and colleagues.
- Partner with the Total Rewards COE to provide inputs to develop reward strategy and philosophy based on an appropriate market positioning; link total value of reward and recognition to performance, contribution and long term potential
- Advise leadership on all matters of talent acquisition, retention, reward and recognition.
- Act as a leader in partnership with the Workforce Planning and Talent COE within the business on all talent management programs including executive and leadership development, performance management, succession planning, coaching, training, career development and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Champion colleague engagement in close collaboration with business leadership.
- Building and developing HR team.
- Ensure seamless and unobtrusive management of HR transactions by the rest of the HR function.
- Proactively scan the competitive talent landscape to ensure leadership has up-to-date market intelligence to inform critical decision-making.
- Partner with ER team to manage all individual and collective employee relations issues to a successful conclusion with minimal operational, reputational or financial risk
- Seek out opportunities to collaborate more effectively across MMC HR and be open to sharing and adopting best practices.
Education (Degree / diploma)
- A BA/BS degree in human resources, finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten or more years of HR experience with at least five years' experience in management and/or strategic leadership.
- Significant HR experience including time as a BP to senior leaders.
- Expertise across the portfolio of HR disciplines.
- Evidence of delivery of practical HR solutions to critical business issues.
Knowledge and Skills (General and Technical)
- Strong consulting, project management, coaching and leadership skills.
- Influencing and client management skills.
- Intellectual rigor and strong analytical skills.
- Personal credibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor teams.
@mmcHRrecruiter, #talentmanagement, #workforcetransformation,#HRLeader, #workforceplanning, #reinsurance, #diversity&inclusion, #coach, #strategy
Back to top