North America Financial Analyst
If you are a Financial Analyst that likes to work with stakeholders, have a voice, gain knowledge from experienced peers, and have an opportunity to use those skills to earn promotions after you've proven your abilities then continue reading to learn more about a career with Mercer a division of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting the North America CFO with the consolidation and review of forecasts, budgets, strategic plans, sales, and other relevant financial cycles as needed. This individual will also ensure that information and advice is delivered timely and accurately, company policies and procedures are followed and that communication between finance teams is consistent and strong.
Reporting, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Assist with the forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning activities for the market along with respective LOBs within the market.
- Coordinate the consolidation of monthly forecasts and month end reporting including commentary and all supplemental schedules; responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of all reporting
- Evaluate reasonableness of forecast and readily identify issues that surface in during monthly reporting and forecasting activities
- Interact with the Market CEO and Market Business Leaders to assist with the development of budgets, forecasts, and related variance analyses inclusive of identification of underlying drivers of results
- Perform Microsoft Excel and Hyperion-based analyses of financial data
- Liaise closely with regional reporting staff and Controllers to ensure financial results are accurate and adequately explained
- Support Market Leadership in the reporting of sales targets and pipeline conversion
- Develop and/or enhance reporting mechanisms and control reporting processes around monthly forecasts and results across the market businesses
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are met to the highest standard while maintaining an effective control environment.
- Develop expertise in reporting and analytic tools and data sources, including WebCAS, Microsoft Office , Hyperion Interactive Reporting, MicroStrategy, and MercerForce.
- Support quantitative analysis and projects relating to revenue, profitability, operating and staffing models
Project Management Support
- Provide business analytic and/or project management support for Finance
- Assist with the development and maintenance of project plans and timelines
- Coordinate between business units, operations and finance to accomplish assigned project objectives
- Assist in the coordination of communication and key initiatives
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics
- Minimum 2years of relevant business experience in Financial Planning & Analysis or similar area
- Initiative and sound judgment to make appropriate and timely decisions
- Ability to understand and articulate financial impact or business decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - advanced Excel and PowerPoint user
- Experience working with data and analytic tools such as Hyperion Interactive Reporting
- Comfortable presenting to senior management; able to appropriately challenge senior business leaders and their assumptions
- Positive attitude and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Must be able to multi-task, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Desire to develop into more senior finance roles
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top