- Louisville, KY
Marsh and McLennan Companies is currently seeking a NOC Engineer to join their team. In this role, you will be r esponsible for the operation of a 24/7 global voice and data network. This includes incident and fault management and modifying networks. Ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with the ability to navigate complex business functions and applications in the network architecture, hardware environment, and software environment.
- Identify and track faults, manage communication and ticketing systems, interface with incident management teams, and resolve issues within governed SLA time frames
- Utilize network monitoring tools to identify trends that impact business performance
- Implement daily network change control tasks as directed
- Participate in project activities that focus on high-value improvement to network operational state and/or improve NOC efficiency
- Develop new processes and procedures
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in technology preferred, 3-5 years' of Network Engineering experience will be considered in lieu of education
- 2-3 years of NOC experience, working in complex networking environment
- CCNA Certification required
- Must have knowledge of enterprise systems monitoring tools (global experience helpful)
- Knowledge of Riverbed F5 load balancers, and Wireless technology prefered
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to read, write, and interpret technical documentation
- Highly self-motivated and self directed
- Must be able to work 3x12 schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top