NERA Senior Associate, Information Resources
- New York, NY
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Information Resources Senior Associate in ourNew York City or Washington, DCoffice. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative thinker individual who has vision and enthusiasm to join a global Information Resources team with an established and expanding firm.
Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Information Resources, the qualified candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with global consulting staff on a wide range of research projects using information tools and proprietary databases to provide information for client projects and business development initiatives
- Provide quick solutions and in-depth research, current awareness services, competitive intelligence and special research to support NERA's consulting staff
- Work with NERA information resources team members from other regions and offices to continue to build a global research function through sharing work and experiences
- Help educate consulting staff on research issues and train them on end-user products
- Assist in marketing and developing information services to NERA staff globally
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Advanced degree in one of the following is required: information/library science from an accredited program or Masters (MBA) in business or economics; undergraduate degree in economics or finance would be an advantage
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a research environment providing business/corporate, and financial information is required
- Understanding/knowledge and experience with database services such as: Bloomberg, CapIQ, FactSet, Thomson One, DataStream, SNL Financial, SNL Energy, BvD Orbis, legal databases (LexisNexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law)
- Experience searching academic/literature/news databases such as Factiva, LexisNexis, Econlit, ProQuest, Dialog, Business Source Corporate, Hein online
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, respond quickly to requests and handle a workload requiring creative, analytical, evaluative, and interpretive thought processes
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the Securities Finance industry is an advantage
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint
The qualified candidate must be able to work Monday through Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm, and additional hours as needed, to meet time-sensitive deadlines. Qualified candidates will be driven self-starters and be comfortable with face-to-face interactions with colleagues at all levels.
We offer a competitive salary, including an excellent benefits package.
NERA Economic Consulting is an international firm of consulting professionals providing economic, financial, and statistical advice, research, and analysis. Our clients include multinational corporations, the world's leading law firms, governments, and U.S. regulatory agencies. Our team of roughly 600 professionals operates in 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia / Pacific. To learn more about NERA and to apply to this position, visit our website at: www.nera.com/careers.
Back to top