NERA Research Associate - Boston
NERA is looking for a quantitative researcherwith consulting skills to join the Energy, Environment, Communications and Infrastructure practice in the Boston office. The group assists clients in evaluating complex and high-profile energy and environmental policy questions. NERA staff members have substantial responsibility in terms of research, modeling, report writing and client involvement. The specific position would depend upon prior experience and other credentials, including education and level of responsibility in prior positions.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Develop quantitative analyses using various models including electricity (e.g., PROMOD, Aurora), economic impacts (e.g., IMPLAN, REMI) as well as NERA's proprietary electricity/energy/macro-economic model, NewERA.
- Develop cost-benefit and related analyses of major energy and environmental regulations.
- Draft project reports and presentations.
- Assist in the development of expert testimony.
- Manage projects, including organization of team tasks and management of research team.
- Assist on research, publications, presentations, and other projects.
- General support of the group's consulting activities.
- One or more years of consulting or equivalent professional experience.
- Degree in economics, statistics, operations research or a similar field with exposure to applied quantitative analysis. Advanced degree preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. At ease managing and creating complex Excel models and using advanced features.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience and familiarity with energy and environmental issues preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of VBA for Excel, Microsoft Access, SQL, and advanced quantitative tools (such as Stata or R) are a plus, but not required.
- Successful candidates will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be highly self-directed and motivated, and work well under tight deadlines.
For immediate consideration, please visit the US Career section of our website ( www.nera.com ), and apply to the Research Associate position by creating your personal profile and submitting your resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript. Only those applicants who complete their profile completely will be considered.
Back to top