NERA Computer Support Specialist
- Washington, DC
Computer Support Specialist
NERA Economic Consulting is a global economic consulting firm that applies economic, finance, and quantitative principles to solve complex business and legal challenges. NERA is one of the world's largest economic consultancies, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
NERA Technology Services is looking for computer support specialist to provide on-site and remote support hardware and software support for the NERA Washington, DC office. NERA is looking for broad technical skills and a history of delivering reliable service and stable technology. The role is an individual contributor with primary
responsibility for end user support. This role works within the Technology Services Operations team as a member of the Help Desk. This role requires specific technical, communication, and customer service skills to deliver support for colleagues across NERA's global locations.
Successful candidates will be team-oriented, committed to skill development, able to work independently with team support, able to adhere to established process, and confident in interaction with customers in person, via telephone, and email. Candidates will be passionate about technology and confident in their ability to tackle challenges.
This is a full-time position within the Technology Services Team. The typical workday will be from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Perform machine builds, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of hardware and software associated with desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
- Provide technical support, guidance and training to end users
- Loaner and telecommunication device setups
- Deliver exceptional customer service using excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge Creation - Build, document, and develop training materials to fulfill projects.
- Build, document, and develop training materials to fulfill projects.
- Participate in a Global Help Desk
- Participate in, and eventually lead projects. Employ systems analysis techniques, research technology options, and consult with users to determine hardware, software, or system function specifications
- Hardware: Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Scanners, Projectors, Smartphones, Mobile Hotspots
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 10, Server, Android, Apple iOS, MAC OS
- Software: MS Office 2016 / Office 365, MS Project, MS Visio, Adobe Suite
- Solid understanding of Active Directory
- 3-5 years of experience in a Help Desk or Service Desk environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire to take ownership of and complete assigned tasks
- Ability to lift and move a computer desktop and other related hardware
- Travel will be required - roughly 25%
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs./23 kilos
- Four-year university degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Back to top