Multinational Client Group and Diversity & Inclusion Consulting Practice Intern- College Program 2019- New York
- New York, NY
(Part-time) internship position:
Mercer's Multinational Client Group and Diversity & Inclusion Consulting Practice
Do you want a (part-time) internship with a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting? If you answered Yes to this question, read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
Mercer is a global strategy consulting leader in health, wealth and career that is consistently recognized as a top 10 consulting employer. Mercer has more than 23,000 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset their people. Mercer's multinational client group (MCG) provides expert advice and coordinated delivery of global and regional solutions for its most valued multinational organizations. A key platform of MCG is the Diversity & Inclusion consulting practice (When Women Thrive).
THE POSITION: Multinational Client Group and Diversity & Inclusion consulting practice (part-time) intern
The purpose of this (part-time) internship is to support the Multinational Client Group and Diversity & Inclusion consulting practice with project management, research and ad-hoc client engagement/ special project delivery support.
The purpose of this position is to serve as an invaluable member of the Premier team for its most prestigious clients. He/she will play an invaluable role in helping to manage and execute key projects and initiatives. He/she will gain exposure to senior leadership, with opportunities to develop strong understanding in business consulting, people strategy, and change management. This role will be focused on, but not limited to the following key areas: The purpose of this position is to serve as an invaluable member of the Premier team for its most prestigious clients. He/she will play an invaluable role in helping to manage and execute key projects and initiatives. He/she will gain exposure to senior leadership, with opportunities to develop strong understanding in business consulting, people strategy, and change management. This role will be focused on, but not limited to the following key areas:
- Work closely with the Project Lead on a variety of activities including project management, communications, and content creation.
- Research, synthesize and compose briefs on various topics including companies, thought leaders, luminaries, market stakeholders, and experts on myriad topics. Many of these briefs will be presented to senior executives.
- Develop senior executive level presentations and briefing materials for both internal and external meetings and speeches.
- Participate in discussions with executive leadership and project team members about the program. Be prepared to think big, and don't be scared to get creative.
- Provide support to the project management team - this may include, but is not limited to:
- Analyzing data to assess current client relationships and potential growth.
- Research projects, long and short term.
- Editing and writing.
Qualified candidates for the Multinational Group Intern will be:
- Progress towards a bachelor's degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work part-time for 20+ weeks during the fall/winter
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, should be seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects with some degree of ambiguity
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
To learn more about Mercer, visit us at www.mercer.com/college.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top