MMC Assistant Controller
Assistant Controller - Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC).
The MMC Assistant Controller is responsible for all activities of the controllership function in the operating company with oversight for general accounting, financial reporting and financial systems. This role "co-owns" all accounting decisions for the operating company and reports to the US Controller.
The Assistant Controller is specifically responsible for the day to day activities of the controllership function in the assigned operating company and ensures that financial information is complete, accurate, and delivered timely. The Assistant Controller is also responsible for and ensures that the company's internal controls and financial compliance responsibilities are met. The Assistant Controller is able to work in a matrix organization, develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, drive execution while being very collaborative and promote a team environment.
The Assistant Controller will also have the following responsibilities:
- Sets clear targets that take account of differing priorities of stakeholders and holds others accountable for the quality of support and overall stakeholder satisfaction.
- Builds relationships with stakeholders, checks-in periodically and intervenes decisively when required.
- Achieves and maintains sufficient awareness of operating company risks, operational issues and challenges to allow for proactive intervention when required and provide detailed updates to senior management.
- Provides strong proactive support to operating company controller. Supports the resolution of technical accounting matters including research and documentation and liaises closely with accounting operations team.
- Is responsible for achieving closing timetables, overseeing and adherence to regulatory, statutory and tax requirements. Supports the development of regional level accounting policies and procedures, where required, and presents financial statements for the assigned region.
- Participates in the budget process. Coordinates year end statutory, audit and tax financial requirements ensuring the rules and regulations are complied with.
- Oversees processes and tax reporting related to the Base Erosion and Anti-Abuse Tax (BEAT) and other tax matters.
- Assists with systems implementations and enhancements with a focus on maintaining the integrity of financial data and processes and controls.
- Responsible for the acquisition life cycle, including detailed due diligence, timely integration, accuracy of financial statement reporting and review and execution of earnout payments, as required
- Maintains a strong stakeholder engagement partnering with other finance and business colleagues in day to day operations and special projects. Ability to interface with others while working in a matrix organization. Delivers continuous improvement. Ability to drive consistent execution
We would prefer the Assistant Controller to have a CPA or Public Accounting experience. A part of your responsibilities will be related to internal controls, SOX compliance, identifying control gaps and working with audit. The Assistant Controller should be adept at problem solving and thinking strategically.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to move to an industry leader, Marsh & McLennan wants to talk to you!
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top