MMA-SE Region Learning & Development Leader
- Duluth, GA
Job Title: Learning and Development Leader
DIVISION:Corporate/Regional (Any MMA-Southeast Location)
The Learning and Development Leader will provide leadership and oversight to the strategy, design and delivery of effective training initiatives across all departments of the organization, with the fundamental purpose of enriching the colleague career path, elevating the colleague skill set and enhancing colleague engagement. This role will regularly communicate across all levels of the organization, to identify training and developmental needs as they pertain to both individuals and the Southeastern region as a whole. In assessing these needs, the Learning and Development Leader will also innovate existing training methodologies within the Southeast Region to facilitate a focused, effective approach to delivery of both hard and soft skills training.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee operations of the MMA-SE Learning and Development Department, including regional Trainers and other members of the L&D support team.
- Create and continually evolve the vision, development and delivery of MMA-SE's overarching colleague development strategy, while supporting the initiatives of the wider MMA organization.
Develop and implement scalable, innovative training methods, with quantifiable assessments/results, to facilitate a specialized, focused approach to the colleague learning experience.
- Incorporate deep knowledge of industry best practices in driving results, while ensuring metrics are in place with an effective LMS to guide continual program improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate training program results vs. ROI, and periodically report findings to leadership.
- Deploy quantifiable feedback loop, to ensure that training content/delivery is effective and resonating with all colleagues.
- Conduct and analyze course evaluation data to anticipate future needs and effectively evolve existing programs.
- Develop and implement ongoing opportunities for colleague skill set enhancement and career path enrichment, across all levels.
In collaboration with the L&D team, develop hard skills curriculum specific to best practices within each LOB, as well as various soft skills offerings across the board.
- Maintain current knowledge of Learning and Development trends and methodologies, to ensure ongoing effectiveness of MMA-SE's Learning and Development program.
- 10+ years of experience in training design/delivery and development strategy, utilizing various methodologies, i.e., mentoring, workshops, one-one-one, classroom, eLearning, simulations, etc.
- Extensive experience in instructional writing/design
- Demonstrated results in developing training delivery programs with quantifiable training metrics
- Demonstrated leadership experience that incorporates strong performance management and team development
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills, with ability to derive insight and provide actionable recommendations to leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, HR, Education or other relevant field preferred
- In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, must have at least 10 years of training experience in a sales-focused organization
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of Vertafore systems (Sagitta, BenefitPoint and ImageRight) a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of eLearning authoring software, preferably Adobe Captivate or Camtasia
Back to top