MMA-New England Employee Benefits Consultant
Employee Benefits Consultant
Marsh & McLennan Agency - New England (MMA)
You will relied upon for insight and broad knowledge of health and welfare plans. The successful candidate will have the ability to fully understand clients' benefit programs, identify gaps in coverage and consult and advise with clients on appropriate solutions enabling them to achieve their long-term strategy.
Coordinate, develop and execute Project plans, as well as periodic presentations for specific client groups
- Develop and manage long and short range benefit strategies for clients, foster strong client relationships
- Develop and mentor junior members of the team
- Manage RFP process
- Manage Renewal and Implementation processes
- Benchmark survey data for client plans, summarize and validate reviewed information
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships
- Identify and understand negotiable elements of underwriting calculations for all lines of coverage. Exercise peer group and/or management review in this process periodically
- Manage post-implementation process for all lines of coverage
- Contribute toward company sales initiatives
- Revenue management
Bachelor's Degree, Masters preferred
- 4-8 years (7-10 years for Senior Consultant) in insurance industry experience with a thorough understanding of all benefit plans (medical, dental, life, STD, LTD, etc) design, rate structures, funding alternatives and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation with advanced writing skills.
- Proficient in all areas of Health & Welfare compliance (i.e. HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, 5500, DOL, etc).
- CEBS Certification or other industry recognized designations preferred.
- LAH Licensure or commitment to achieving within 12 months of start date.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of internal staff & management, external clients, prospects and vendors.
- Shared commitment to company values; Integrity, Collaboration Passion, Innovation, Accountability
Will consider consultant or senior consultant level candidates, with pay/bonus commensurate with experience
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a full-service insurance, retirement, and risk management firm that specializes in providing proprietary solutions to small and middle market organizations dealing with the complexity of employee benefits and commercial insurance. As a subsidiary of Marsh, the world's largest broker and risk advisor, we provide clients with unparalleled access to local service, regional expertise and global resources.
We promote a culture of personal and professional growth and an environment where we ask our colleagues to challenge each other and themselves. We allow for people to bring their whole-self to work. This translates among colleagues, with our clients, and together with care for our families and community. We support flexible work arrangements and provide the technology to enable this. We expect mutual engagement, so colleagues who own their career and performance will thrive and have a real opportunity to craft their career path. We strive to provide growth opportunities and a platform to jump from with the safety net enabling great rewards and low risk. The biggest risks we ask people to take are to plan for success and engage honestly with a positive and solutions focused attitude. Our ideal candidates crave opportunity and relationships, rather than micromanagement and hierarchy. If you embrace the challenge of change, collaboration and community, then check us out!
Positions based out of New England's 100 Front Street, Worcester, MA or
New England Regional headquarter location located at 500 Boylston Street, Boston, MA
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are equal opportunity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top