MicroStrategy Architect / Developer
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
We are seeking a skilled Developer who will participate in the technical design, development and maintenance of analytical applications and other global analytics projects. Our analytical applications create best-in-class frameworks for advising clients on their risk financing options: Industry-leading analytics through cutting-edge technology to help clients manage risk more effectively. They provide clients with deliberate risk management methodologies driving a disciplined approach to risk-based decisions. Using the industry's largest library of risk maps and loss curves, these applications identify risks faced and the impact they could have on financial key performance indicators (KPIs). Mobile technology, "big data," risk-adjusted benchmarking, predictive analytics, and other innovations are leading to exciting new ways to analyze risk and help inform strategic business decisions.
- Ensures application performance and resolves problems
- Coordinates as needed to ensure implementation and monitoring
- Analyzes, recommends and implements future enhancements
- Responsible for application development
- This includes development of business specifications, functionality research and bug resolution. Provide recommendations for building process efficiencies
- Coordinates user review and approval at all stages of system development and delivery, which includes gathering system requests, developing test plans, executing user acceptance testing, documenting final procedures, and training users on new procedures
- Supports MicroStrategy platform delivery (mobile and web) lifecycle
- Gathers requirements, explores solutions and assists with project management in the creation/enhancement of analytical subject areas
- Coordinates the software development lifecycle with vendor partners. Provides tactical support to such projects
- Assists in the execution of MGA POC activities
- Supports analytical data and delivery needs of MGA Centers of Excellence
- Assists in creation of scope documents, management plans for projects through consultations with various stakeholders and business process owners
- Participates in development of conceptual and functional designs for new and enhanced systems in coordination with business units and IT
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top