Mercer Services US and Canada Finance Transformation Leader
- New York, NY
The Mercer Services US and Canada Finance Transformation Leader is a recognized master in the professional discipline of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and will be responsible for helping to identify and deliver efficiencies across the US & Canada Mercer Services organization. This leader will drive the successful achievement of financial goals, business operations and planned strategic direction of the finance and Mercer Services organization.
Responsibilities include the following
- Provides strong financial leadership and determines the overall direction and setting of financial and transformation priorities in order to meet needs of the functions supported. Supports long-term and strategic business decisions of the organization, providing input, analysis and recommendations on financial and business outcomes.
- Assesses finance structure, processes and reporting and develops processes to simplify, automate, or streamline, to enhance effectiveness and efficiency. Utilizes technology to improve core finance functions and analytics.
- Identify opportunities for profit improvement including enhancement to operational processes, reviewing pricing protocols for operational / administration support and rationalizing non-value add solutions and / or duplicative solutions / processes
- Assists in the execution of centralization strategies including offshoring, automation and RPA opportunities and support workforce management strategies.
- Initiates and leads special projects related to business unit performance, M&A, and other strategic opportunities, and provides thought leadership on an approach to analyses.
- Develops and measures success criteria for operational initiatives including direct and indirect (e.g. stranded cost implications) ROI analytics.
- Leads, directs and develops financial staff, to ensure financial practices are conducted accurately and compliantly with regulations, laws and standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in a process driven environment. Experience in transition from manual to systemic processes in financial infrastructure will be an asset
- Master's degree in one of the following faculties: finance, accounting, business or economics. MBA degree / ACCA / CIMA qualification as an advantage
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of comfort with data and financial systems
- Ability to utilize financial analysis capabilities to advise the business on achieving financial and productivity goals
- Results-focused, analytical approach with a strong customer / client service ethos
- Ability to identify and break down complex issues and resolve in a simplistic manner using available resources, information, and knowledge of the business
- Strong project management skills with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage, manage and influence team members and senior stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships with business leaders and influence and advise key decisions
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh , Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman , Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top