Mercer Sales Professional
The purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of prospect development from pre-sale through close. This includes developing referral sources, identifying new clients that match the business client profile, and ensuring a consistent flow of new revenue for the practice.
This position handles large, complex, and high volume accounts, and focuses activity on specific targets. Requires advanced sales training to compete within the industry. Possesses long term, multi-year sales and revenue goals. Identifies additional opportunities to cross-sell products. Proficient in all lines of business. Acts as a mentor and provides feedback to other sales professionals.
- Identifies and actively pursues potential new business opportunities.
- Leads the coordination of organizational resources necessary to drive a sale to completion.
- Identifies potential referral sources and develops relationships through personal contact and presentation of the practice's resources.
- Qualifies prospects based on practice's guidelines for new business.
- Identifies external and internal referral sources and partners closely with those sources.
- Leads in the creation of sales proposals and presentations and works with the referral source partner to coordinate the delivery of these presentations to prospects.
- Transitions a qualified prospect or new client to a client executive and supports the client executive in implementation of new business deals and transitions client to account management status.
- Utilizes information sources internally and externally to gather appropriate data to properly position business to prospect.
- Develops sales strategies for increasing target market sales and manages the execution of these strategies.Generates additional revenue opportunities by introducing and leveraging other business products and services as appropriate.
- Incorporates and regularly practices techniques introduced through sales training to continuously enhance skills and related performance.
- Completes outbound follow up calls and makes cold calls.
- Ensures that up-to-date prospective client information is maintained in the database.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top