Mercer Sales Professional
The purpose of this position is to initiate, qualify (ensure the prospect fits with the company's strategic direction) and develop new business with target organizations to meet or exceed pre-agreed upon production revenue goals within the Growth business.
Identify, qualify and sell new client engagements with target organizations to achieve or exceed annual produced revenue goal (revenue from a sold engagement), focusing on:
- Multi-year client engagements to provide ongoing consulting work within Growth over a period of time, according to a pre-agreed goal within an agreed time period
- One-time projects
- Multi-year engagements and one-time projects for other Mercer lines of business
- Building effective and collaborative relationships with the key decision-makers within the target organizations
- Participating in sales demonstrations of Mercer proprietary products
- Conducting a minimum number of face to face meetings with prospects
- Organizing and executing a multi-faceted sales plan such as cold-calling, phone, fax, email and mail campaigns, to effectively make direct contact with prospects.
- Participating in professional organizations and informal networks to develop, build and sustain a network to obtain prospects, as well as utilizing Mercer's prospect database to identify and research potential organizations
- Organizing and executing marketing seminars and roundtables in order to identify and engage targets and build the Mercer brand in the marketplace.
- Maintaining an adequate pipeline to ensure revenue targets are met
- Understanding the short and long-term needs and challenges of targets and how the Mercer value proposition and industry best practices can solve their problems, improve their competitive position and move their business forward
- Prepare a team of Mercer consultants and analysts that have the appropriate level of experience and content expertise to collaboratively develop solutions that will move prospects through the sales process and win the sale
- Build an effective business case for the deployment of Mercer resources to pursue business with the target, including any investments and a compelling ROI
Be proficient in and a champion of Mercer tools and processes, sales effectiveness techniques and best practices such as Asking Effective Questions/Helping Clients Succeed, Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling, and entering prospect data in the prospect tracking database (M-drive).
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top