Mercer Marketplace 365 COE Consultant
The purpose of this role is to manage client-specific consulting activities across lines of coverage for Mercer Marketplace 365. This will involve interfacing directly with clients and developing vendor relationships.
- Conduct proposal process to obtain best carrier offers by product and other underwriting concessions
- Support financial analysis and review: including underwriting, data analytics, and partnership with actuaries to support funding analysis
- When needed, perform data analysis (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the underwriting models
- Assemble and analyze vendor proposals into side-by-side comparisons of design and pricing components
- Develop client-specific recommendations for Mercer Marketplace plans, carriers/vendors and other key platform attributes.
- Communicate results to clients and guide client decision process
- Serve as implementation leader for client implementations with carriers and project manager with the ability to lead across work streams including:
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, summary plan documents (SPD's) and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements
- Play a key role in the employer implementations on the Mercer Marketplace and support employer implementations, including performing user acceptance testing of the website to ensure accuracy in offerings, pricing, and other user experience elements
- Carrier relationship management, including implementation support for clients
- Serve as a primary client contact for the Consulting team and quarterback the process across all product lines, working with subject matter experts in health, LAD, VB and actuarial.
- Manage ongoing servicing of the client work for the Mercer Marketplace clients
- Support efforts to cross train and gain experience in other lines of coverage
- Understand Health and Benefits and Mercer Marketplace products, services and tools including vendor/carrier markets, including developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients
- Manage the quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Delegate to and review project work of more junior colleagues
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top