Mercer Digital Consultant – Advisory Services
Mercer Digital Services is actively recruiting for Advisory Services Consultants!
Our Advisor Services Consultants provide leadership and direction to projects relative to a functional or technical discipline. Supports other Advisory and Delivery Consultants while defining and designing fundamental organization of Human Resources (HR)and Workday solutions across Functional and Technical areas to meet client needs. This position is a blend of creative and delivery roles. Consultants will develop service programs to meet Workday Deployment goals and deliver them to realize our firm's value proposition. An Advisory Services Consultant is expected to use their experience to create new service offerings and is given significant autonomy to develop program solutions, championing the initiatives through sales and solution architecture as well as mentor others on the assimilation and delivery. These products and services include intellectual property that devise and apply best practices, processes, templates, tools and technologies that include a broad spectrum of components in the HR/HRIT space including:
- Functional and Technical Practices
- Solution architecture and Deployment Road-mapping
- Efficiency and Effectiveness Surveys and analysis for Functional or Technical discipline
- HR Data modeling for Functional disciplines
- HR Staffing and HR Service Delivery of Functional discipline
- HR Lifecycle - Process Engineering and Role Designs
- Data Management and Conversion Strategy of Functional discipline
- Reporting Strategy and Outcomes of Functional discipline
- Integration Technology and Enterprise Strategy
- Global Mobility, Identify & Access Management Solutions
- Facilitate Functional or Technical Advisory Services Content
- Service Delivery Utilization Target: 75%
- Define, design and create new Products/Services to realize solution value and competitive advantage for our firm
- Integrate Functional or Technical Best Practices, Tools and Technologies into Digital and other Mercer Practice's (Workday, ServiceNow, HR Transformation, Career Services)
- Lead and mentor other Consultants
Other Key Responsibilities
- Conducts business with the utmost professionalism including:
- Fulfills commitments consistently on-time and proactively escalates commitments that are in jeopardy.
- Responds promptly to requests and never allows queries to fall into a "black hole."
- Attends meetings on time, always.
- Judges the trade-offs of technology and feasibility with choices that fit constraints of the project.
- Familiar with project management fundamentals and fulfilling the leadership roles on projects.
- Designs and implements business technology solutions across cloud-based applications
- Direct involvement and/or oversight of developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration, testing and deployment.
- Works directly with clients to lead projects, facilitates business process sessions, develops and delivers key components of technology solution considering the employee experience and HR Service Delivery model.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to other team members
- Serves as subject matter expert in multiple HR functional areas
- Collaborate with other Mercer experts to obtain knowledge and enhance services
- Confident and willing to challenge a customer, guide them towards the appropriate solution for their needs and push back if a customer is asking for solutions that aren't in their best interest.
- Ability to guide customer towards creative uses of standard software functionality
- Travels to client site as required.
- Generates timely status reports, time tracking, and expense reports.
- Functions as leader within the organization, area of specialty and industry.
- Participates actively in Discussions, building a reputation as a go-to resource for the toughest problems. Contributes to the wiki, contributes to asset Libraries, sponsors new employees, and presents continuing education sessions.
- Provides pre-sales support as requested.
- Oversee decisions and activities of Deployment project teams
- Achieves utilization targets.
- Understand platform limitations and design alternatives to work around limitations
- Ability to split time between many projects at once, work autonomously, and complete tasks
- Identify when business requirements conflict with technical capabilities
- Provide constructive feedback to project teams
- Monitor deliverables for consistent quality as well as compliance with standards
- Partner with project managers to monitor project status and risk areas
- Perform the advanced design and development tasks
- Thought Leadership: Uses appropriate methods and skills that increases client-consultant relationships and provides problem solving techniques.
- Market Capability and Knowledge: Achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Relationship Management: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic partnerships between teams, departments, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Project Delivery: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the project; accurately checks processes and tasks to ensure progress toward stated outcomes/deliverables.
- Strategic Sales: Able to identify new information or data to key decision-makers or stakeholders to support sales opportunities.
- 10+ years total career experience
- 3+ years as a Workday Implementer on enterprise-scale global projects
- 2+ years as a Workday Engagement/Project Manager.
- 2+ years project experience in HR Strategy / Operations / Consulting
- Experience deploying or consulting on other ERP software systems
- Experience with Master Data Management
- Experience with Organizational Change Management
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Information Technology or related field of study; or equivalent experience
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top