Medicaid Intellectual Capital Leader - EVERGREEN
This position can be based any where in the U.S. but must report to Mercer's Government Consulting offices in either Atlanta, Minneapolis, Phoenix, or Washington, DC.
Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) group is seeking a qualified individual to (i) develop market-differentiating intellectual capital (IC) on key topics in the health care area, primarily related to Medicaid and (ii) work with Mercer consultants in providing policy and related consulting assistance to states and other Mercer clients.
- The IC Consultant will develop top caliber intellectual capital on new and proposed legislation, regulations, court cases, subregulatory guidance, and emerging issues and trends. This position requires technical research, technical writing ability and the ability to interact successfully with Mercer consultants and clients to help identify and solve policy and technical issues on specific consulting projects and services and the ability to work in ambiguous situations..
- The candidate's expertise should relate to strategy, policy, technical, and operational support and experience with the Medicaid program, at the federal and/or state level. This experience should include the design and implementation of new initiatives and programs; managed care; long-term services and supports; and waivers and demonstrations. Expertise with health care reform (ACA and states) for private and public sector clients and Medicare would also be highly desirable.
To fulfill this role, the IC Consultant will:
- Review current developments in area of policy/technical expertise, undertake required research, prepare complex technical analyses, and develop market-differentiating advice, insights, and solutions. Create technical analyses summarizing and analyzing key developments and issues used to notify and inform internal and external clients about updates in their particular field. Develop and present content in a large forum geared to inform internal and external clients of regulatory and other policy developments. Drive and review work prepared by others. Initiate projects to develop go-to-market plans for opportunities presented by legislative and regulatory activity, and act as team representative on projects surrounding business planning and development. Conceptualize and create leveragable tools to common client problems.
- Act as policy expert to clients and Mercer consultants on unique policy and compliance issues and other regulatory developments affecting Medicaid programs, providing advice on strategy and design.
- Work with clients to formulate approaches to operational compliance and strategic planning.
- Identify potential consulting opportunities to Mercer consultants.
- Identify marketing opportunities and review marketing and business focused materials for technical accuracy. Guide the marketing approach and development of materials.
- Remain abreast in their field of expertise through research and continuing education designed to enhance expertise pertaining to various areas.
- Possibly supervise employees as direct reports.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top