Massachusetts, Boston & Worcester, MMA Summer Internship
Marsh & McLennan Agency New England - 2020 Summer Internship Program
Department: Various Divisions
Locations:Worcester, MA OR Boston, MA
The Summer Intern at Marsh & McLennan Agency New England will gain a wealth of knowledge in the areas of Property & Casualty Insurance, Risk Management, and Employee Health & Benefits. The intern will be placed into one of two tracks: (1) the Client Services track, or (2) the Sales Development track. Both tracks will provide interns with exposure to client management and client new business development.
Each intern selected for the program will support one department, while gaining exposure to all business practices. Elements of the internship program include lunch & learn sessions, analyzing client information, researching for ad-hoc projects, and a final group presentation delivered to regional senior leadership. In this role, the intern will communicate and interact with all levels of management, colleagues and external customers. Functional responsibilities require basic knowledge of insurance principles and commitment to develop insurance knowledge and risk management skills.
- College or University student entering their senior year toward a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree
- Majoring in Risk and Insurance Management OR displaying a keen interest in learning insurance, risk management, or financial fields.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Applied knowledge in the areas of communication, interpersonal relationship management, versatility and creativity.
- Displays resourcefulness in finding solutions for our clients and our Agency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Resolution and solution-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows the individualized internship plan through with guidance from the supervisor and mentor.
- Consistent and punctual with the submissions of the work assignments to the mentor.
- Completes weekly activity report and other forms required as learning tools.
- Relays and applies knowledge acquired in the academic setting to the company setting.
- Participates in office, carrier, and/or client meetings as requested.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with company colleagues, clients, and carriers.
- Provides assistance to other colleagues and performs various administrative and other duties as needed.
- Maintains accountability for his/her actions and activities, both personally and professionally.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior and abides by company policies governing the observation of confidentiality and the handling of confidential information.
Back to top