Marketplace Solution Leader
The Marketplace Solution Leader will execute the vision and lead the overall performance for the business in collaboration with the National Solution Leader and extended national business leadership for the assigned market. Directs new business development, contracting, client management, and subject matter expertise while providing strategic direction and support to market staff, sales professionals and business leaders. Works collaboratively with local and national resources to facilitate business and market goals while improving the competitive positioning of the solution in the market.
To fulfill this role, the Marketplace Solution Leader will:
- Work with Market Sales Leader and Sales Professionals to pursue and track new label business opportunities.
- Work with consultants, relationship managers and business leadership to identify, engage and track new business opportunities within existing client relationships
- Lead resource for evaluation and qualification of opportunities
- Partner with sales pursuit team on strategy
- Support RFI/RFP, working closely with national sales support team (part of Exchange Solution Network)
- Support sales pursuits including meetings, demo and client responses
- Subject matter expert
- Ensure compliance with consistent sales approach
- Manage to sales goals in the market in partnership with Market resources. Responsible, in part, for achieving those goals
- Support and track contracting process, working with legal and local client team to ensure compliance with consistent approach and managing of appropriate business decisions
- Market liaison for new and existing clients. Maintain close ties to key clients in the market. General resource for all client engagements as "face" of Marketplace.
- Work with various teams (client, Marketplace, local Mercer) to resolve escalated issues, identify best course of action
- Identify, deploy and support Market SWAT team. Work with Office Business Leaders (OBLs) to identify best resource in each office to represent solution as extension of ESL team throughout market offices.
- Meet regularly with Market SWAT team to provide latest information and create support for new initiatives. Ensure team remains engaged and effective
- Assist with development of market education material as updates with product, services and solution occur
- Meet regularly with each office, in partnership with Market Exchange Sales Leader and SWAT team. Hold formal information sharing and feedback sessions
- Subject matter expert and point of reference for all questions regarding Marketplace
- Share learnings, best practice and recommendations with Exchange Solution and Sales Leader peers
- Evaluate against competitor solutions
- Gather employer and industry feedback
- Gather peer, office and market feedback
- Share feedback with Marketplace leadership
- Actively participate in developing and maintaining an innovative and market leading solution. Take responsibility for ensuring Mercer Marketplace is positioned as the premier choice for employers, employees and business partners
- Attend industry events, support Mercer hosted events
- Participate as presenter at speaking engagements on behalf of Marketplace
- Network, actively seek new business opportunities
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top