Marketing Strategist - Schinnerer
- Chevy Chase, MD
Schinnerer is currently seeking a Marketing Strategist to take our dynamic and growth-oriented company to the next level. The successful candidate will be an innovative self-starter with a variety of marketing experience including strategy development, content creation, digital marketing, social media, communications and go-to-market plans. We are seeking an individual that is passionate about enhancing the customer experience through education, is powered by both creativity and KPIs and has a keen awareness of audience needs. The ideal candidate can seamlessly balance multiple and often evolving priorities and can collaborate effectively with staff, management, partners and vendors while driving marketing initiatives from strategy to implementation to analysis.
This position will be based in Chevy Chase, MD and will report to the Head of Marketing for Victor O. Schinnerer.
- Working with senior business leaders, establishes strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and executes marketing initiatives to achieve stated objectives.
- Serve as editor for several program or corporate email newsletters. Edits copy received from outside sources and writes articles based on feedback from various program resources.
- Works closely with web developers in the design and usability of the website.
- Works closely with program managers to develop program specific content.
- Monitors and analyzes financial, technological and product/program developments in assigned industries in order to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Develops and coordinates online advertising and promotional activities linked to contests, seminars, educational opportunities, and other activities.
- Coordinates the execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, tradeshow, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage.
- Help develop and distribute promotional and collateral materials to Sales and Distribution Team.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials and events.
- Develops and coordinates the execution of surveys and analyzes data to recommend strategy adjustments.
- Evaluates marketing and promotional activities in order to recommend strategy adjustments.
- Presents new and innovative ideas to ensure the organization's marketing strategies are fresh and exciting.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Five or more years of related marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in insurance strongly preferred. Experience in technology in general and web development in particular.
- Experience with a Business-to-Business marketing strategy strongly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience with the marketing automation tool, Act-On, preferred.
- Experience with a content management system preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data and information.
- Ability to learn and understand underwriting and insurance concepts and information in order to create informative and transparent content.
- Ability to write articles and promotional materials that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Is a strong independent worker but also a collegial team player
- Not afraid to share ideas, voice opinions and stand up for the marketing guidelines set in place.
- Candidates will be required to submit work samples.
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company, Inc. is one of the largest and most experienced underwriting managers of specialty insurance programs in the world. Schinnerer now serves more than 46,000 insureds in various specialty industries through independent insurance agents and brokers.. As a global leader in insurance brokering and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
Back to top