Marketing Proposal Coordinator
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset - their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. MMC has over 56,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $12 billion. For more information, visit www.mercer.com or follow Mercer on Twitter @MercerInsights .
The Proposal Coordinator will support Mercer Marketplace in the development of new business proposals and presentations by using basic project management skills to coordinate assignments and manage workflow; researching and obtaining Request for Proposal questionnaire responses and appendix materials; assisting with proposal/presentation production; and contributing to the language database and proposal collection.
To fulfill this role, the Proposal Coordinator will:
- Reference a variety of internal resources and tools to research, obtain and integrate specific information about Mercer into proposals and presentations
- Coordinate client relationship manager approvals for representative client lists
- Collect consulting team members' biographies for proposals; reformat to Mercer standards if necessary
- Perform proofreading, copyediting and basic text writing; when reviewing content created by other team members, consultants or support staff.
- Understand and ensure adherence to Mercer style guidelines.
- Reformat and revise to Mercer style to ensure compliance with standards
- Occasionally develop first draft of responses
- Develop client-specific versions of services proposals and contracts from templates using standard process
- Actively participate in proposal/presentation strategy sessions to gain insight into opportunity and understand key messages, differentiators and themes
- Establish deadlines for other team members to provide information; follow up when required
- Create proposal/presentation templates and ensure consistency with Mercer formatting standards (fonts, headings/subheadings, line spacing, and design).
- Coordinate electronic delivery to prospect/client
- Maintain a broad understanding of Mercer's lines of business, service offerings and tools - and how these contribute to the business as a whole
- Inform/educate internal clients of guidelines as opportunity and need arises
- Collect and contribute content for proposal language database
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top