Marketing Account Executive - Transportation - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Leawood, KS
- Leawood, KS
This is a responsible position that involves administration, coordination, and execution of all duties, services, and practices related directly to our customers. The main focus of a Marketing Account Executive is to provide professional and personalized service to each customer while maintaining the Agency's best interest at all times with regards to marketing strategy. The ideal candidate for this position will possess account management experience with an emphasis in new business marketing.
To be considered eligible for promotion to an Account Executive role from the Account Manager role, all Account Manager duties must be mastered completely and thoroughly to supervisor's satisfaction. In addition, colleagues must be able to train junior members of staff on all aspects of the Account Manager position. All promotion eligibility is based on supervisor's discretion.
1. Must demonstrate successful mastery of all aspects of the Marketing Account Manager role as listed below:
- Engage in new and renewal strategy meetings with appropriate service team and producer and lead discussion with respect to marketing plan.
- Attend marketing strategy meeting for new business with producer and selected service team.
- Spearhead renewal and new business marketing efforts of chosen marketing plan by gathering underwriting information from producers, prospects, and service team.
- Present submission to underwriters including time-table requirements and target pricing.
- Negotiate best terms, conditions, and pricing.
- Review quotes received for accuracy and compliance with applications submitted.
- Assist in the review and preparation of proposals as needed.
- Adhere to all Agency service standards.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with producers, company underwriters, and wholesale brokers.
- Continuously strive to further personal education of the insurance industry and associated coverages.
- Other projects and assignments as directed by management.
- Demonstrate flexibility with regards to work hours; willing to work early and/or late as necessary to successfully meet all deadlines.
2. Evaluate data provided to determine consistency and reasonableness of information which will be used in submission for actuarial study purposes and collateral calculation
3. Help determine optional retention levels and provide logical interpretations of supporting data and documents.
4. Maintain high degree of technical, insurance, and risk management knowledge through research and attendance in industry seminars and continuing education efforts.
5. Attend industry functions and educational events.
6. Assist in the ongoing and educational training of Agency employees and associates by conducting sessions and one-on-one guidance as needed.
7. Secure management's support of Account Executive performing market visits unassisted.
8. Accept responsibility for an agency cell phone and be available for calls after normal working hours.
1. Reading, writing, mathematical skills that would normally be acquired through the acquisition of a high school diploma. Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor's Degree.
2. Two years of commercial insurance processing or transportation industry experience preferred.
3. Must possess or have the ability to acquire applicable resident and nonresident agency/broker license and comply with continuing education requirements.
4. Working knowledge of a wide array of insurance coverage, policy terms, and conditions including worker's compensation, general and automobile liability, marine, cargo, and property.
5. The ability to process detailed records in a timely and accurate fashion, according to established procedure.
6. Must be able to communicate effectively with clients and others by telephone and in person.
7. Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time.
8. Strong computer skills and proficiency in PC applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook. Sagitta/ImageRight System knowledge is a plus, but is not required.
9. Strong aptitude for flexibility and multi-tasking with the ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment.
10. Good judgment and discretion are necessary to maintain confidence and make sound decisions.
11. The ability to work closely with others and to contribute actively to the work group and with the organization productively and positively is required.
12. Overnight travel required on an as-needed basis and on short notice.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Back to top