Market Research Analyst – Healthcare & Life Sciences
About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman's global Knowledge Services Research Team supports our consultants by sourcing and synthesizing market data, industry developments and company information necessary for the successful execution of client projects and business development initiatives.
We are seeking an experienced research professional to work closely with partners and consultants in the Americas Healthcare & Life Science Practice Group (HLS) to gain deep insights into the sector. HLS is the fastest growing practice within Oliver Wyman, and has a focused set of practices including: Health Services (Payers), Providers (Health systems, provider groups, etc) and Life Sciences (Pharma, Medical Devices and Biotech).
THIS IS NOT A CLINICAL RESEARCH POSITION
- Collaborate with consultants engaged in client service, business development or knowledge/intellectual capital building by delivering highly relevant and well-synthesized research.
- Building deep expertise in healthcare sectors, related topics and master tools and resources to support your data analysis.
- Develop strong trusted relationships with HLS practice members and research colleagues to promote effective knowledge sharing and positive work environment.
- Scope and develop research needs of our consultants and partners in order to conduct timely, accurate and cost-effective research.
- Keep abreast of key industry developments/innovations to promote awareness across the HLS team.
- Bachelors' degree required
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience conducting research within a consultancy, other professional services firm or a healthcare related organization.
- Knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system and its stakeholders is critical. Pharmaceutical or life science research experience is a plus.
-Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Skills and Attributes:
- Solid problem solving skills and inquisitive nature allowing you to deliver an effective research product ensuring your credibility as a trusted team member.
- Collaborative approach.
- Growth-mind-set focused on commitment to continual client service and personal professional development enhancements.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize research work to satisfy competing demands.
- Stellar communication skills.
- Ability to independently and effectively triage work.
- Strong desire to increase your understanding of the healthcare and life science sector.
- Excellent research synthesis skills allowing you to draw out key insights and to provide basic data analysis.
- Strong IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SQL).
- Experience with healthcare industry databases/resources a plus.
- Education requirements: B.A. or B.S. - advanced degrees are a plus.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top