Market Business Leader (MBL) Central Health
- Chicago, IL
The Health Market Business leader is responsible for financial performance, client and talent development. Growing profitable revenue is a key objective. This individual will work in close partnership with segment and sales leadership to contribute to US and market business initiatives and growth.
The Market Business Leader is responsible for managing Office Business leaders within the market, and jointly manages (with the National Sales Leader) market sales leaders. MBLs drive sales growth by managing and expanding the Line Of Business-managed book of business and promoting cross-LOB collaboration by identifying and referring opportunities to other LOBs. Market Business Leaders are active participants and contributors to the overall success of the US Health business and the Market. They report to both the US Health Leader and the Market CEO.
- Define and implement long-term business strategy at the market level in alignment US&C strategy; provide direction, focus. Hold staff accountable, engaging staff to deliver financial and other business results, drive engagement by frequent communication and dialogue.
- Implement business strategy at the market level.
- Drive LOB coordination through active participation on your MLT.
- Ensure compliance with all critical processes at both an individual and office/market level to minimize financial exposure/risk. Ensure business continuity plans are in place and regularly reviewed.
- Actively manage non-allocated aspects of finances, contributing to the financial success of the business and market overall. Manage resources to comply with and deliver against set budgets. Drive the identification, winning and retention of new business and existing business opportunities to increase revenues. Manage client revenue levels by ensuring profitable client relationships are formed and maintained.
- Drive sales growth by growing existing LOB relationships, developing new and broader client relationships, working in close partnership with market and national sales leadership. The MBL should support cross-LOB collaboration by identifying opportunities and referring them to the Market Leadership Team.
- Collaborate across the matrix by bringing together the Market and LOB leadership to share accountability on decisions.
- Thought leadership on all LOB issues: incorporating new service offerings using intellectual capital generated within the business, pricing sales and marketing initiatives; and growing market profile.
- Execute the "One-Firm" strategy by bridging our business lines and geographies and growing total client revenue.
- Identify and lead change initiatives despite being confronted with resistance, barriers and blockages.
- Champion a culture to which people want to join and commit. Use a collaborative style to attract, engage and advance our best talent
- Contribute to the development of strategy and business plans.
- Practice talent leadership to build a strong talent pipeline: sell the value of the firm externally, establish and maintain marketplace visibility, recruit the right people, properly onboard, build and develop succession plans for key roles, invest in and develop our best talent.
- Act as a role model and leader for the MMCo code of conduct.
- Actively manage OBLs, share in management of Health Market Sales Leaders
- BA/BS degree required; Advanced degree/professional credentials preferred
- Twelve or more years experience
- Proven experience in managing, designing and executing all elements of a department, translating findings and initiatives into business actions that drive profitability
- Proven leadership experience in managing people and costs, driving sales and revenue growth, managing delivery, and driving cross-LOB cooperation
- Strategic analytical abilities and strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to retain and grow revenue through large and complex initiatives.
- Proven commercial skills and experience
- Proven experience in growing markets
- Team player who has experience of building effective relationships at all levels.
- Effective communicator with superior face-to-face presentation experience
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top