- Atlanta, GA
The Managing Director will be accountable for leading and driving the planning and execution processof key growth initiativesfor Guy Carpenter inthe Southeastern US Life and Health Specialty market.
Advises, negotiates and oversees management of large to jumbo Broking transactions.
Utilizes in-depth knowledge of client industry to analyze risk and develop the most innovative approaches to unique and complex client issues and articulate the value of the approach to clients.
Produces new clients and leads the design of programs that offer significant value to the client.
Establishes high-level client relationships through meetings, exhibiting most advanced professional skills in order to drive overall revenue growth in a region, large office, or Specialty area.
Responds to complex client queries and concerns from senior-level clients resolving issues promptly and completely with support from other experienced Brokers.
Establishes and maintains strong relationships with insurers/reinsurers, clients, colleagues and other OpCos and utilizes specialists to ensure that world-class solutions are being provided to clients.
May participate in the revenue/budget process with the management team.
Serves as an industry thought leader and contributes to the firm's body of knowledge through active internal/external communications.
Demonstrates a complete understanding of coverage lines, markets and other more specialized products and keeps abreast of changing risk and insurance market conditions.
May evaluate and clarify contract documents and bond forms, as well as banking terms and conditions.
May evaluate and counsel the Client on the terms and conditions of General Agreement of Indemnity required to be executed by Clients to support all surety transactions.
May evaluate financial statements for all industries with specific knowledge of each industries unique financial metrics.
- 5+ years of life. accident and health , HMO Re or Provider Excess reinsurance broking - OR -
- 5+ years of life, accident and health , HMO Re or Provider Excess reinsurer marketing , (working for a reinsurer ) -OR -
- 5+ years of life, accident and health , HMO Re or Provider Excess captive experience - OR -
- 10+ years life, accident and health , HMO Re or Provider Excess reinsurance underwriting
- Successful track record in development of new business
- Successful track record in maintenance and growth of book of reinsurance
- Ideal but not necessary to have an understanding of life, accident and health , HMO Re , Provider Excess opportunities in Southeastern US
- Demonstrates sales aptitude, communication skills, building and maintaining relationships
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree and/or other insurance designations such as CPCU, ARe, ARM preferred.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Back to top