Manager Research Consultant
- Atlanta, GA
- The role reports to the Global Strategy Leader Venture Capital Growth Equity.
- Develop the capacity to lead a comprehensive due diligence process for evaluating and underwriting prospective strategies.
- Develop an understanding of private equity portfolio construction and manager selection methodologies and provide support to Principals/Partners in the management of such portfolios.
- Work with Private Markets Principals/Partners to complete in-depth written due diligence on current investment opportunities.
- Responsibilities include: attend manager meetings, plan due diligence, travel to on-site meetings, perform reference calls with portfolio company CEOs and senior level professionals, evaluate the fund team, strategy, and performance, analyze historical returns, summarize relevant pros and cons, and determine an appropriate rating for a given fund
- Develop an understanding of the acceptable, market-based economic terms for strategies under evaluation.
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports and presentations to facilitate communication and transparency to the Investment Committee, Staff, clients and other external entities as required.
- Provide general support to the research and due diligence efforts of the Private Markets team globally.
- Serve as a resource to client-facing professionals seeking current information on non-marketable investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparison to other fund managers, and the opinion of the research team
The ideal candidate will have most or all of the following skills, knowledge, experience, and personal characteristics:
- 3-5 Years of relevant investment experience at a pension fund, endowment, foundation, consulting firm, or fund of funds is greatly preferred.
- An undergraduate degree required. A Masters, CFA, CAIA a plus but not required.
- Exceptional quantitative skills to evaluate fund and portfolio performance.
- Well versed in financial applications (e.g., Excel, Bloomberg) and MS Office applications
- Strong, proven written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal and organization skills.
- A collegial, team-oriented, constructive, "can do" attitude.
- Unquestioned honesty, integrity, and transparency.
- Domestic and possibly international travel will be required.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top