Manager, Global Virtualization
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team!
As the Global Head of Virtual Operations you will be responsible for support of MMC's VMware services for virtual server hosting in our six global data centers and OPCO specific locations. You will manage the staff, budget and virtualization services while developing relationships with consumers of virtualization services.
You will manage a 12 to 15 member team who are responsible for the virtualization infrastructure and activities such as provisioning, incident and change management as well as BAU improvement projects and formal PMO projects. As the manager you must create and constantly improve the process to communicate issues to senior infrastructure and application technology managers up to and including our Chief Technology Officer.
The ideal candidate must have extensive hands on technical experience in VMware virtualization and technologies such as server, storage or network system administration with experience managing IT operations.
A critical success factor is to evangelize the concept of continual process improvement relating to virtualization.
- Recommend and implement new technologies for virtualization, cloud services and software defined data center.
- Recommend and implement new and innovative technologies for infrastructure and application monitoring and performance management.
- Participate in internal/external audits as required.
- Track & monitor operational performance metrics; provisioning, change and incident.
- Audit compliance, SAE16, SOX, Internal Audits
- Develop strategic plans for rationalization of legacy infrastructure in order to lower support costs and reduce the number of physical systems required to support business services. Develop relationships with engineering and application support groups to co-develop technology refresh plans.
- Staff Management & Goal Setting: Staff management of immediate team members and develop measureable goals and objectives for each colleague and monitor their performance. Provide direction and coaching as necessary to improve MGTI's services and promote individual career growth.
- Manage daily operations and support services to ensure all support incidents, change and provisioning requests are acted on and resolved according to published SLAs.
- Systems & Application Monitoring: Support the ongoing process improvement of system and application monitoring. Ensure all systems are compliant with monitoring standards and customer requests. Continue to enhance online self-service access to monitoring services.
- Establish and monitor control objectives to meet audit standards as defined by SOC2 guidelines. Manage company data and business processes in accordance with the MMCo Information Security Policy and industry best practices for protection of sensitive information.
- Contribute to an annual budgets and track financial performance (monthly) related to run the business and project activities. Identify opportunities for cost savings and meet savings targets.
- Vendor Management: Manage outsources and software vendors which support operation management and service delivery function.
- Prepare status reports and develop metrics to analyzes trends and recommend adjustments to address and/or capitalize on trends.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top