Manager - Claims Management Services Commercial Lines
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner. Although we are not integrating the businesses with Marsh, we are able to leverage the value of our respective capabilities and intellectual capital in those instances where there is a compelling case for collaboration between MMA and Marsh.
Mid-size companies need a partner they can trust and that can provide additional tools for opportunity and growth. We strive every day to service those needs. We successfully bridge the gap between what the "big firms" offer and the advice, solutions, and programs that smaller businesses require.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
This position is responsible for direct responsibility for all Commercial Claims Operations. Support operational excellence through design, implementation and monitoring of program policies and procedures that consistently meet expectations for productivity and quality of service. Lead a team of claims specialists and assist in the day to day handling of proscribed claims and customer service requirements. Serve as an advocate for and liaison with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) involved in claim resolution. Facilitate a team approach and working environment that incorporates a shared responsibility for accomplishing the strategic goals of Terrill and MMA.
The Key Responsibilities for the Manager-Claims Management Services are as follows:
Leadership and Management
- Actively participate in the development and delivery of the company strategic plan specific to the claim department and in concert with Terrill and MMA corporate initiatives.
- Provide overall leadership of personnel related activities for the team including day-to-day employee relations issues
- •Responsible for employee hiring including screening and interviewing candidates, onboarding and ongoing training
- Foster quality focus in others and improve processes, products and services
- Support the professional growth and development of staff through career counseling, performance goal setting and accountability for performance through scheduled and periodic employee feedback
- Coordinate communication and act as a liaison between other teams, management and support staff to promote strong communication and problem solving as situations arise
- Serve as a mentor to staff that establishes an atmosphere conducive to learning, initiative, product knowledge and skills
- Prioritize and plan work activities; plan for additional resources; set goals and objectives; organize or schedule other people and their tasks; develop realistic action plans
- Invest in continued professional growth and development that supports both individual and company goals.
- Support and actively participate in MMA Region and Corporate wide strategic initiatives relative to the claims management and client service discipline
- Provide Claims expertise to Producers, meeting directly with the existing or prospective client in support of the producer when needed
- Handle day-to-day claims management and client advocacy
- Responsible for coordinating and participating in After Hours/Emergency Claims hotline
- Coordinate claims reviews and stewardship reports with loss control and provide significant input
- Develop claims directive instructions on all large, complex accounts and work with carrier to ensure commitment
- Stay informed regarding technical knowledge of specific state laws and market trends.Communicate updates or changes to clients when appropriate by attending seminars, reviewing subject material periodically, and communicating with carrier adjusters and attorneys to get current information
- Review and project clients' EMRs including detailed analysis and benchmarking
- Perform assigned Partner client work, meeting all deadlines
- Facilitates the interaction between claims and loss prevention disciplines specifically related to claim analysis for benchmarking and prioritizing loss prevention interventions. Serves as a resource for making recommendations to clients for process improvement and consulting activities.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Understand business implications of decisions; display orientation to profitability; demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; align work with strategy goals
- Work within approved budget; develop and implement cost saving measures; contribute to profits and revenue; conserve organizational resources
- Display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions
- Display original thinking and creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas; present ideas and information in an appropriate manner that gets others' attention
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to foster partnerships and working towards common strategic goals
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
College Degree or equivalent
Preferred 10 years supervisor level claim management experience. Prior insurance experience with carrier combined with the insurance agency experience preferred.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top