M&A Tax Counsel
The Tax Counsel, reports to the Senior Tax Counsel, and assists that individual in M&A activity from a US tax perspective, provides advice and support in connection with various Treasury-related activities, helps develop strategies to reduce Marsh & McLennan Companies' global effective tax rate and maximize cash flow opportunities, and provides documentation for company tax positions and assists the compliance team in reviewing the integration of transactions into the tax return.
- Assist in M&A transactions including structuring, contract review, and tax due diligence
- Assist in the development of worldwide tax strategies to improve earnings and cash flow and to minimize tax liabilities
- Provides assistance and support for Treasury related activities including repatriations, hedging, financings, and pooling
- Counsel senior tax department personnel on legal and technical issues as they arise
- Provide advice regarding the FIN 48 reserves
- Maintain currency on legislative and regulatory changes as they effect Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Work with outside advisors as necessary to accomplish the foregoing
- J.D., LLM preferred , accounting background a plus
- 5 to 9 years law firm, Big Four firm and/or corporate experience
- Strong technical international and domestic corporate tax knowledge
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, research, computer, organizational and interpersonal skills, self-starter.
- Strong spreadsheet and tax accounting skills preferred
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Need to be able to adjust information and approach to the audience.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Need to be able to deal confidently with senior professionals and to build relationships.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top