M&A Tax Counsel
The Tax Counsel, reports to the Senior Tax Counsel, and assists that individual in M&A activity from a US tax perspective, provides advice and support in connection with various Treasury-related activities, helps develop strategies to reduce Marsh & McLennan Companies' global effective tax rate and maximize cash flow opportunities, and provides documentation for company tax positions and assists the compliance team in reviewing the integration of transactions into the tax return.
- Assist in M&A transactions including structuring, contract review, and tax due diligence
- Assist in the development of worldwide tax strategies to improve earnings and cash flow and to minimize tax liabilities
- Provides assistance and support for Treasury related activities including repatriations, hedging, financings, and pooling
- Counsel senior tax department personnel on legal and technical issues as they arise
- Provide advice regarding the FIN 48 reserves
- Maintain currency on legislative and regulatory changes as they effect Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Work with outside advisors as necessary to accomplish the foregoing
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top