LYFT Casualty Broker (On-Site)- San Francisco, CA
Build casualty team to ensure sufficient strategic and tactical execution of growing projects in conjunction with Lyft Risk Solutions team
- Development and execution of strategic and tactical plans to execute on new and expanding insurance projections in conjunction with Risk Solutions team at Lyft (e.g. Canada further expansions, Project Perseus, Autonomous)
- Total control of corporate casualty insurance program, including strategy development, internal resource management & communication with Lyft
- Collaborate with captive management team on monthly financial and dashboard production
- Create 12 month and 3 year forecasts for Lyft and PVIC, developing cadence and procedures with Lyft and captive management team for regular updates
- Manage Canadian claims management process - project management of development of new claims tools with carrier
- Interface with internal, Lyft and outside coverage counsel to address ongoing coverage questions, providing recommendations on path forward
- Work with Lyft Risk Solutions to analyze & present cost of insurance through various metrics, including on unconsolidated & consolidated basis and at a unit economic level
- Oversight and development of junior staff, identifying appropriate projects to allow them to run
Qualifications Experience and Skills
- 5 years + brokerage, consulting or startup background, preference for experience with auto liability
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to think quickly on your feet
- Resourceful, self-starter - desire to become the expert in new and emerging risk and insurance solutions
- Strong understanding of insurance company financials and ability to translate insurance into financial terms
- Collaborative, seeks to build a community of resources to solve complex insurance puzzles
- Comfortable with a lack of black & white answers - willing to make decisions based on assumptions
- Results focused with strong personal accountability and pride of work
- Analytic minded with the ability to distill complex data in simple formats
- Exceptionally organized with capability to manage competing priorities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and uncertainty
- Enthusiasm about Lyft and aligned with Lyft's core values: Make it Happen, Uplift Others, Create Fearlessly and Be Yourself
- Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
- Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
- Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
- Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top