Loss Control Specialist (MMA-NE)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner. Although we are not integrating the businesses with Marsh, we are able to leverage the value of our respective capabilities and intellectual capital in those instances where there is a compelling case for collaboration between MMA and Marsh.
Mid-size companies need a partner they can trust and that can provide additional tools for opportunity and growth. We strive every day to service those needs. We successfully bridge the gap between what the "big firms" offer and the advice, solutions, and programs that smaller businesses require.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
MMA is currently the 12th largest insurance broker in the United States with annualized revenues of approximately $1 billion.
This position's location is flexible across the tri-state area. Minimum 60% travel is required.
The Loss Control Specialist is an individual contributor responsible for the overall risk control assessment, evaluation, consulting and technical support on complex issues/assignment at a high level. In this position you will use very broad and high level technical expertise paired with a collaborative and professional presentation required in a client facing role. The LCS will develop and present action plans intended to effectively manage and control the most significant employee safety and health risks, reduce the insured and uninsured costs, improves the clients' insurance favorability and minimize exposures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must possess current high level technical knowledge pertaining to loss control and regulatory compliance strategies and focus on solving problems as opposed to merely submitting recommendations.
- Analyze loss run reports, prepare and report all insurance related claims, complete policy renewal applications, prepare requisitions for premium payments regarding insurance policies under the Office of Safety & Loss Control
- Perform exposure analysis to determine compliance with regulatory authorities to include OSHA, DOT and other regulatory authorities. .
- Develop and implement action plans with clients to enhance Risk Control program
- Communicate to clients & prospective clients to resolved accidents, injury, medical issues
- Work in a collaborative manner with both the account team and claims department in determining what is needed to create safety protocols for our clients
- Develop and deliver high level technical training employees of clients on Lock out/Tag out, Forklift, accident investigation and other regulatory initiatives
- Develop and deliver OSHA 10 and/or 30 Hour Training in General Industry & Construction Industry.
- Develop a high level consulting service/action plan that incorporates identifying unambiguous action steps, responsible parties, and reasonable implementation time schedules.
- Coordinate regular loss control assessment client visits/reviews and updates for MMA clients.
- Benchmark, measure, analyze, and articulate the value of risk management initiatives, practices, and polices for our clients
- Conduct high level root cause analysis for risk mitigation.
- Self-directed maintenance on high level knowledge of current laws, events, industry trends, and economic factors including any OSHA, DOT, EPA, ANSI, NFPA, etc. changes.
- Technical Risk Management Skills - Must be able to effectively identify and evaluate the most challenging risk management challenges and issues and develop corrective service plans designed to address these issues.
- Ability to become a trusted advisor to business owners
- OSHA 500, 501 510 or 511 credentials
- High level DOT Compliance experience
- ANSI and NFPA standards experience preferred.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to individuals and groups at all levels of an organization in addition to clients and prospects
- Ability to work independently and apply established procedures in varying situations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Valid Driver's license, reliable vehicle for transportation and proof of valid automobile insurance required
- Occupational Health & Safety/Regulatory Compliance experience preferred
- Knowledge/experience providing the following: high level technical driver safety and/or fleet safety, loss control required
- Knowledge of return to work programs and implementation preferred
- Experience with facility and job site hazard assessment required
- High School Diploma or preferably, college degree
- Travel Required: 60%
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top