Life, Absence & Disability Leader
- New York, NY
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, delivering strategies for retirement or developing innovative solutions
Life, Absence & Disability Leader
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a quickly growing team at Mercer. We are looking for a strategic thought leader who will manage our highly sophisticated clients. You will be responsible forleading the client growth & retention with a focus on client satisfaction. This person will have subject matter expertise in Life, Absence and Disability and will
- Lead complex client engagements, including managing overall strategy, financial evaluations, design, renewal, benchmarking and other studies.
- Develop sophisticated strategies and drives the development of tools and solutions to address complex client issues
- Determine the full scope of services provided to the client and assign roles/responsibilities within the client team
- Effectively communicate Mercer's position on latest industry trends to clients
- Be accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts and projects.
- Manage the RFP process and finalist meetings and related projects
- Incorporate compliance and professional standards into all work processes, including transparency
- Generate sales by expanding revenues from existing clients and by leading prospecting efforts with new clients..
- Set strategic direction and creates demand for new products/services in the marketplace
- At least twelve years of Life, Accident & Disability Insurance or related experience- underwriting preferred
- Ability to project manage high volume of work with LAD COE team members, H&B Mercer consultants, core LAD Consultants, and carrier partners
- Manage marketing and renewal projects from initial kick off to delivering marketing results/renewal results to the internal Mercer client team including ongoing follow up requests
- Ability to manage expectations and timelines as they change and evolve
- Negotiate marketing and renewal results directly with carriers
- Knowledge of Life/AD&D/STD/LTD/LOA plan provisions, contracts, and risk management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - ability to manipulate large volumes of data and macro enabled workbooks in Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills - ability to deliver positive and negative messages, along with project transparency
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- BA or BS required
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Back to top