Leave Management Analyst
The Leave Management Analyst is responsible for the administration, via Presagia, of Company, Federal, and State leaves of absence for Marsh & McLennan Companies and its operating companies located in the United States (US). This includes short term disability (STD), long term disability (LTD), family medical leave act (FMLA), workers compensation (WC), military leaves, paid parental/adoption/foster care, and personal/unpaid leaves of absence.
The Leave Management Analyst is responsible for utilizing case management tools, such as Presagia and ServiceNow, to execute the leave management process. This includes, utilizing the Presagia wizards and automated processes to explain policy & plan eligibility/job protection rights, communicate regularly with managers / HR business partners, liaison with 3rd party vendor for medical information, escalate compliance issues, update employee pay / leave status via PeopleSoft, and manage aspects of an approved leave case through the employee's return-to-work and/or transition to LTD. The position requires strong client service skills, close attention to detail, excellent communication skills, advanced interpersonal skills, and teamwork.
The Leave Management Analyst must closely follow standard operating procedures and company policies at all times to ensure Company compliance and minimize risk.
Leave Management Case Management:
- Utilize case management software (Presagia) to effectively manage end-to-end process of employee leaves. This includes, but is not limited to, following the wizard based questions to confirm policy applicability and eligibility, initiate required correspondence, confirm and document FMLA related absences in Presagia, as well as completing all required tasks as indicated by the case management software work/task list.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as Local, State and Federal guidelines for all leave types and, if necessary, escalate case to Leave Management Sr. Analyst and HRSS Sr. HR Manager for guidance and resolution.
- Update and maintain the HR Systems of Record with all information pertaining to an employee's leave. This includes, but is not limited to, updating the employee's PeopleSoft record to stop/start/reduce pay in compliance with leave policy approval/denial, updating the employee's attendance record, and documenting all activity into Presagia.
- Provide timely, accurate and detailed leave of absence policy, job protection, and leave approval/denial communications to employees and their managers / HR business partners by initiating required correspondence and notifications within Presagia.
- Provide supporting research and documentation for situations that require escalation.
- Utilize data and reporting from case management tools utilized by US Leave Management (e.g. ServiceNow & Presagia) to ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met and/or exceeded.
- Communicate effectively with Tier 1 Customer Service Representative to ensure customer service SLAs are met and/or exceeded.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top