Learning & Development Manager
The Learning and Development Manager is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of current and future training, development programs, and initiatives. This role is responsible for developing and delivering effective learning solutions supporting a wide audience across the organization and providing the core knowledge and skills necessary for strategic business growth. Learning and Development (L&D) Manager is responsible for all aspects of the training function, including needs assessment, design, delivery, implementation, and evaluation.
Please Note: This position is 100% onsite in Kalispell, Montana. Relocation to Kalispell is required.
- Partner with department leaders to identify key opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance to achieve business goals.
- Assesses the training needs, learning objectives, performance outcomes for the Write Your Own business line.
- Provide oversight to the Learning & Development Specialist.
- Assist in the development of career growth programs, mentorship and development opportunities for all levels of employees.
- Drive engaging design that enhances retention and knowledge transfer using diverse training delivery solutions.
- Collaborate and design content with Subject Matter Experts.
- Track and measure learning success against Key Performance Indicators.
- Write effective copy, instructional text, and audio/video scripts.
- Apply instructional design and measurement theories, practice and methods.
- Manage a Learning Management System (Litmos) to track and report metrics.
- Current on learning trends in organizational and employee development and incorporate best practices in learning and training programs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- L&D or Training Manager with 10+ years relevant experience designing and implementing learning and development strategies and programs
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools such as Captivate or Storyline
- Proven experience in instructional design principles and best practices
- Strong technical aptitude
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems
- Ability to communicate clearly to people at all levels, with superior business/technical writing and editing skills
- Sharp business acumen
- Effective program/project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience within the insurance industry and/or information technology field a plus
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top