Lead VMWare Systems Engineer
- Configure, deploy and support client Windows, Linux, and Unix infrastructures
- Configure, deploy and support VMware ESXi and vCloud/vCAC infrastructures on IMB & Dell Hardware
- Diagnose and trouble-shoot Windows, Linux and Unix infrastructures and related technologies
- Adhere to Engineering and Architecture standards and participate in Customer Technical Review meetings as required
- Participate in the evaluation, deployment and management of new technologies in alignment with Engineering and Architecture team guidance.
- Engage with technical and non-technical LOBs, partners, vendors and clients
- Incident support and participation in on-call rotation
- Create and maintain documentation: Logical/physical diagrams, run books, discovery documents, QA documents, status reports, after action reports
- Increase proficiency and expertise in general VMware, Windows, Linux technologies
- Increasing knowledge and proficiency in area of specialty such as Citrix, Clustering, logging, centralized authentication, ESX, virtualization, Disaster Recovery, replication, and encryption
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and commitment to optimizing systems and processes
- Participate in compliance testing, collection and remediation as required
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or equivalent work experience with at least 3 years of engineering experience or 4 years of commensurate virtualization technology experience.
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud Computing platforms (VMware, Cisco, Microsoft and EMC).
- Experience configuring and supporting server systems (IBM and Dell)
- Excellent written and oral communications, problem solving and process management skills.
- Hands on experience with VMware ESX, ESXi/vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, DRS, vCloud, and additional virtualization technologies and concepts
- Solid understanding of essential TCP/IP protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, NTP, and understanding of wider set protocols.
- Firm understanding of fundamental hardware concepts: disk, memory, CPU, NIC, HBA, firmware, RAID, performance concepts (I/O, paging, swapping, system calls), iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, firmware.
- Networking knowledge, core routing and switching (Cisco).
- Effective troubleshooting and analysis of individual systems and systems in distributed, enterprise environments.
- Ability to solve multi-faceted complex problems
- Strong communication skills. Ability to convey technical requirements and concepts, commensurate to one's level, to technical and non-technical clients and corporate audience
- Ability to work well within a team environment in a matrixed organization
- Experience with the following hardware: IBM X3550/3650 M4, Dell R810,R510, FX2 Chassis, FC630, Raritan KVM KXII/KX3
- Experience with the following: Brocade FCX/VDX, SilverPeak WAN Edge Connect & Orchestrator Appliances
- Experience with the following: Nimble CS240/CS440, Tintri EC6050
- Experience with UPS: APC
- Experience with vSphere 6 enterprise: SRM, vSphere Replication
- Experience with System Replication: Zerto 6 Replication
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top