Knowledge Manager - Digital Technology Operations & Analytics (DTA)
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman's Digital Technology Operations & Analytics (DTA) practice integrates strategy, technology, analytics, and operations know-how with technical delivery capability. We partner with clients across industries on their digital transformation journeys from conceptualizing a vision through strategy creation to capability development.
As the DTA Knowledge Manager, you will be part of a team of Knowledge Management specialists who support different practices within Oliver Wyman. You will be based in New York but have global responsibility - supporting the global DTA practice and associated interest groups within Oliver Wyman.
The purpose of this role is to help support, develop and facilitate knowledge sharing across the business (developing content management tools, cultivating human networks and informal knowledge transfer, practice focused research and analysis to support IC generation and advisory services).
The Knowledge Manager will assist the DTA KM team in maintaining knowledge tools and help develop/promote tools and processes which increase information flow and best practice sharing within the DTA practice and across the firm. An important aspect of the role will be building excellent working relationships with the key practice figures in North America.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Knowledge Management - project tracking, intellectual capital capture and dissemination, knowledge systems maintenance and development, promoting and training consultants in proper use of knowledge tools and appropriate knowledge sharing, expert/expertise tracking
- Advisory - The Knowledge Manager is an enabler within the business supporting internal clients in the use and distribution of internally generated IC and practice specific tools. Promoting the message that information sharing behaviors are actively encouraged and rewarded within OW
As needed, the role may also include the following responsibilities:
- Data Management - working with frequently used external data sets and client data, managing models and internal benchmarks
- Specialist Research - for both client work and Business Development/Marketing - supporting client proposals, internal IC generation, production of Current Awareness bulletins etc.
- Analysis - Working with practice models, proprietary data sets and industry analysis
- Curation role for code repositories , i.e. best practice documentation and discoverability
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years' experience in knowledge management, research or internal communications. Experience in management consulting, financial services or a digital/tech environment preferred.
- Understanding the competitive environment and the impacts of digital disruption on our clients' business models.
Skills and Attributes:
• Ability to influence and interact with colleagues at all levels
- Multitasker, disciplined in managing own time
- Discipline to understand the value of capturing and disseminating information to grow the knowledge assets of the group
- A genuine interest in coding, data science and digital topics is an advantage for this role
- A high level of intellectual curiosity - interested in solving business issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Knowledge of Slack, Sharepoint , Confluence and GITHub advantageous but not essential
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top