In conjunction with and under the supervision of the Underwriting manager, reviews, analyzes and handles quotations, services existing book of business. Utilizes appropriate software to evaluate recommendations and determine policy approval and process all additional policy-related information.
- Underwrites new submissions to ensure new policies are correct, per NFIP guidelines.
- Process endorsements, cancellations and reinstatements, and handle billing issues.
- Completes policy issuance.
- Review all underwriting information to include applications, photographs, elevation certificates and third-party internet resources to correctly underwrite the policy.
- Respond to Agent inquiries by phone support, online chat and emails.
- Meet required production KPIs as defined by leadership.
- Proper grammar, language, spelling to professionally represent the organization.
- Reviews correspondence from agency including requests for endorsements for acceptability.
- Communicates in a concise, tactful, prompt and effective manner both over the phone and by email.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with agents, customers, coworkers and others.
- At management's direction, perform other duties that are not specifically set forth.
Education (degree / diploma)
- HS degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry helpful but not required.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Basic to intermediate technical knowledge of systems and procedures
- MS Office Suite, familiar internet skills - typing skills
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top