Junior Claims Examiner - Torrent
- Overland Park, KS
Junior Claims Examiner - Torrent Technologies
Torrent Technologies, a Division of Marsh & McLennan Companies has a great opportunity to join our Claims team as a Claims Examiner. This is a critical department and the team not only excels at their jobs but also enjoys their teammates and being a valuable member of Claims at Torrent.
- Handles complex issues pertaining to claims complications and claims processes, escalating where necessary, to ensure application of pertinent policy and action calculation of claims rates.
- Generates and reviews claims reports of high complexity to ensure accurate records are produced and distributed.
- Distributes new claims notifications and updates to the team in order to ensure information shared is consistent and clear.
- Files incoming documentation from clients and underwriters, guidance and feedback to colleagues to keep documentation organized.
- Tracks receipt of documentation by mail or phone to ensure operational excellence and to maintain ongoing and professional communication with insurers, clients, and underwriters to ensure that client and insurer-related materials are catalogued, distributed, and readily available to the team.
- Updates high volume of claims information into appropriate claims application(s) and ensures compliance with any local service standards to maintain accurate records for Claims Advisory.
- Creates standard templates for insurance claims forms and reviews templates for effectiveness to ensure consistent deliverables are produced by support staff.
- Calls or writes to insured or other involved persons for missing or supplemental information and posts or attaches information to claim file to ensure proper follow up correspondence is being maintained.
- Identifies potential policies and coverages for incoming claims, performing independent research to seek validation or clarification where necessary to add leverage to Claims Advisory and support claims analysts.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Excellent typing/keyboard skills
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
We are Torrent Technologies, a Marsh company, founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is widely recognized as having the most advanced suite of cloud-based technology solutions for insurers and their agents to participate in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Write-Your-Own (WYO) program. Torrent's continued growth and success is attributed to our innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service. For more information, visit our website: www.torrentcorp.com.
Back to top