IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Location: Urbandale, Iowa
Are you a Leader who can mobilize people to perform their best? Are you a proven Project Manager who has built high-performance project teams? Showcase your IT Project Management skills in this very visible role where you will lead a development team in the execution of projects in our fast-paced environment. Located in Urbandale, IA, you will use your resource utilization and capacity planning skills to build productive teams. You will manage 8 offshore and 5 onshore team members.
If you are interested in taking your career to a new level where exceptional performance is recognized by career progression, we would like to hear from you.
You will be expected to manage the day-to-day project teams in our Velocity Service Center comprised of developers and quality assurance professionals in addition to capacity planning and handling of technical issues; assign team members to project tasks; ensure process adherence in areas such as information security and financial compliance of SOX. You will also function as initial point of escalation on issues concerned with project requirements, interface with the business, prioritization and any required negotiations. You will have the overall responsibility for ensuring the quality of technical delivery on Velocity projects and will manage a large number of new requests each week, including configuration changes in a vendor application and custom automation and report development.
- Support the planning, scoping and execution of a project from a technical perspective
- Act as key client focus to resolve problems and provide industry and technical direction
- Cultivate successful client relationship by bridging the gap between the development team and the client
- Oversee, interface and liaise with Marsh's vendors and outsourcing partners
- Assist in defining, implementing and overseeing technical standards, policies and tools (working globally with development teams)
- Ensure alignment to architecture guidelines and principles
- Provide technical oversight to development teams. Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them
- Provide application design feedback to business leaders as needed
- Responsible for effective application development including integration with other Marsh systems
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure the integrity of architecture, flexibility of design and quality of solutions
- Work with other Project Managers and Business Analysts on requirements prioritization and project plans. Communicate development and test plan to team members
- Responsible for operational effectiveness of the environment; adhere to Marsh Process Framework
- Provide status reports on a regular basis
- Ensure S-SDLC methodology compliance, auditing and tracking of on-going projects; using the agreed tools at regular intervals to ensure projects are on course and follow approved methodology Analyze data and provide Value Add reports on a weekly/monthly basis to IT leadership and stakeholders
- Create and maintain toolsets used by the Velocity Service Center group
- Recommend corrective action on projects, if required
- Work closely with BRMs and IT Leadership to review project finances and agree on yearly timeline
- Support BRMs in creating budget submissions by providing timely project cost estimates and timelines
- Work with stakeholders to implement value and add change across the Velocity Service Center
- Work with developers to help manage their time and capacity
- Help create and maintain all documents that support PMO methodology and ensure PMO methodology and lifecycle processes are followed
- A bachelor's degree required, ideally in computer science or related field
- Five plus years of project management experience managing medium to large projects
- Past experience in software development and/or system support and maintenance
- Knowledge ofall phases of SDLC and full lifecycle implementations
- Resource utilization and capacity planning experience
- Two plus years of team management of 10 or more team members
- Internal and external client relationship skills
- Experience working with/in an off-shore model or multi-location experience, desirable
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented; able to work and deliver under pressure
- Ability to manage a large number of new requests weekly
- Skills to multi-task and change priorities often
- Agile methodology experience preferred
Desired Technical Skills
- Languages:XML, SQL, SQL server, Unix Shell, MySQL, Java
- Databases: Oracle
- Tools: Test Track Pro, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, ClearCase, CA Service Desk, Jira
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal.
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top