IT Product Management Senior Manager
Background to the Role
Come work with and learn from industry leading IT Product Managers and the business leaders of the Investment Management arm at Mercer. The Delegated Solutions business segment is one of the fastest growing segments at Mercer covering the globe with investment management solutions. The Global Investment management business at Mercer was established in 2006 and currently manages assets in excess of $150bn and supports almost $11Tr in assets under advisement. You will be on the front line working with the business leaders to identify, design, develop and implement these game changing solutions. This is a unique opportunity to join a large and diverse technology team and will be expected to make a direct contribution implementing an enhanced data and technology-operating model supporting the growth and increasing scale of the business. The IT Product Manager is the cornerstone of Marsh & McLennan, let's make a difference together.
This position is for a seasoned professional Information Technology leader in Information Technology with experience in the funds industry and can work with minimal supervision. Develops product solutions to support the business. Ensures a stable, reliable and efficient production environment. Creates tools to support additional business efficiencies in data quality, production and resources. Reduces total cost of ownership of our technology applications
Role and responsibilities of the Technology Delivery Team
- Implementing new and enhancing existing technology
- Business/Technology transformation, design and implementation of new technology oriented solutions for business processes
- Engage with partners across the business to identify solutions, document technical requirements, and manage the delivery of those solutions
- Ensure technology and change initiatives are delivered in a low risk environment
- Develop a strong relationship with both internal and external parties.
- Continuously be aware of technology change in the marketplace with specific reference to our business and the regulatory environment within which we operate
- Take ownership of key technologies within the business
- Establishes strong partnership with business product leader and work closely with them to define an overall development and implementation strategy for the suite of applications used by the operations team.
- Assists with product design
- Drives applications development in support of best practice data management and production processes.
- Identifies new technologies and integrates into existing solutions to expand capabilities and separate from competitors.
- Consults with Business product leaders to develop and communicate technology roadmaps.
- Directs the identification of gaps between current-state technology architecture and reference (target) architecture.
- Design and builds solutions to integrate systems in use
Skills and Experience
- A technology or business graduate with at least 10-15 years' relevant experience in the Investment Funds Industry.
- Broad IT skills and experience in delivery of technology projects
- Significant experience and knowledge of Portfolio Management and Enterprise Data Management Systems. Experience in Charles River IMS and/or Eagle Investment Systems would be advantageous
- Knowledge of 3rd party reporting and business intelligence tools e.g. Qlik Sense, Crystal Reports or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Understanding and experience of Database Management Systems e.g. SqlServer, Oracle, competency in developing complex SQL queries, packages, functions etc.
- Proficiency in standard MS Office suite of products in addition to Project and Visio
- Understanding and experience in ETL routines.
- Experiences with Agile development methodologies
- Broad knowledge of technology solutions in the marketplace
- Assist data integrations across the company's suite of in-house and 3rd party applications
- Demonstrated understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support an Investment business
- Focus on governance, risk and controls
- Professional and proactive approach to work
- Strong written, communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with internal and external parties at all levels. Good analytical and consultative interviewing skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a small team and across multiple verticals within the Technology organization
- Willingness to build on existing experience and engage in priority activities outside their immediate role when necessary
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top